Should you toss your Teflon ?

Agee

jwwb2000 said:
My glass tops have been used as symbols and they are still in one piece (finding a piece of wood to knock on). And for the price, you are getting your money's worth for sure :yay:
That sounds simular to what I used Momas pot tops for...

But i was told they were cymbals :razz:

106 trombones in the big parade :lmao:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Airgasm said:
That sounds simular to what I used Momas pot tops for...

But i was told they were cymbals :razz:

106 trombones in the big parade :lmao:

Thank you for the correction.

I need to get with :gossip: and plan for dinner :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what I do love? My cast iron skillet. :love: What a pan! Now if I could just get my exhaust hood, I'd be in business.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
vraiblonde said:
You know what I do love? My cast iron skillet. :love: What a pan! Now if I could just get my exhaust hood, I'd be in business.

I use my cast iron to make corn bread in :drool:

Steve

Enjoying life!
I'm lost here. Why was this article reposted on the 21st? It was first posted in June of last year. Obviously, the teflon market has been completely abolished since then, and use of all PFOAs has been banned. :rolleyes: Let's abolish everything, lose our clothes and give up our homes in favor of animal skins and caves, and then we can all feel better knowing that it was simply "nature" that killed us and not some scary, man-made calamity!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
You know what I do love? My cast iron skillet. :love: What a pan!
They are THE best pans to cook in and the ones I miss the most. It's next on my list to buy.

Now if I could just get my exhaust hood, I'd be in business.
Speaking of exhausts, I have a downdraft exhaust system I need to get installed for my cooktop island. Anybody know who does that sort of thing reasonably?

This is what I have in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

PrepH4U

Airgasm said:
If you have the "hard annodized" versions, they don't use any non-stick coatings.
I have a Circulon set which states "hard annodized" on the bottom. I was ready to trash them whew! $$ :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
BJ's has a set of Wolfgang Puck cookware I've been eyeing that seems like a good deal.

:biggrin: Anyone want to come over and fondle my Puck? :jet:

:lol: Very nice set. There are 19 pieces: 1 qt. saucepan with lid, 2 qt. saucepan with lid, 4 qt. saucepan with id, 8" omelette pan, 10" omelette pan, 12" over skille with id, 11" chicken fryer with lid, 8 qt. stockpot with lid and veggie steamer insert, and 4 utensils (carving fork, solid spoon, slotted spoon, and pancake turner). Dishwasher safe and oven safe to 400 degrees, including lids. I can't wait to try them out. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I love my new cookware! :yahoo: Very even heating and easy to clean up. :yay: I was afraid the cookware would be too heavy for the hanging pot rack over my cooktop, but so far, so good.

One lid did come slightly dented, so I called the 800 number they gave and a new one is on its way. :clap:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Quesan... yes, go ahead Koto

My sources tell me challenger Jazz is using her new Wolfgang Puck cookware. The Iron Chef, obviously shaken by this revelation, conceeded the contest in humility.

And Challenger Jazz's cuisine reigns supreme :diva:

:lol: I have a LONG way to before that happens, but thanks baby. :smooch:

W

Wenchy

jazz lady said:
I cannot stand cooking with the old Revere copper-bottom cookware any longer.

I love my NEW Revere copper-bottom cookware, but the skillet has Teflon! :faint:

Actually, all of my skillets, with the exception of my cast-iron baby (doesn't that do something to us as well?) have Teflon. :ohwell:

I'm going to smoke another cigarette...later. :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

willie

Wenchy said:
I love my NEW Revere copper-bottom cookware, but the skillet has Teflon! :faint:

Actually, all of my skillets, with the exception of my cast-iron baby (doesn't that do something to us as well?) have Teflon. :ohwell:

I'm going to smoke another cigarette...later. :howdy:

PFOA is a chemical used in the process of making Teflon and by the time you get the cookware, the PFOA is all gone. PFOA is found everywhere and they don't know why but they want to get rid of it because it killed a rat. You can compare it to boiling an egg in water. The water is part of the process to forming a hard boiled egg and when the process is over, the water is not a part of the egg and you discard it. The government doesn't want DuPont discarding any more PFOA.

Go cook something and enjoy.

MMDad

Lem Putt
willie said:
PFOA is a chemical used in the process of making Teflon and by the time you get the cookware, the PFOA is all gone. PFOA is found everywhere and they don't know why but they want to get rid of it because it killed a rat. You can compare it to boiling an egg in water. The water is part of the process to forming a hard boiled egg and when the process is over, the water is not a part of the egg and you discard it. The government doesn't want DuPont discarding any more PFOA.

Go cook something and enjoy.
:yay: I was confused by the reaction, but everything I read that was reputable said:

1. Don't work for DuPont until they fix their process and protect their workers.
2. If you live downstream from DuPont, you better hope they didn't release too much.
3. The EPA needs to make sure DuPont doesn't release too much in the future.
4. There is no reputable study linking teflon to anything worse than bad cooking.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
vraiblonde said:
Cast iron skillet's are blah! I can't stand the black flakes they leave when cooking anything. Phooey!

willie

Chasey_Lane said:
Cast iron skillet's are blah! I can't stand the black flakes they leave when cooking anything. Phooey!
I'm not much of a fan of leftovers either.