Shoutout to BB&T

PeoplesElbow

My mom had a small issue with her mail, the PO generally does not forward mail from financial institutions and she had a new debit card returned. I went to the local branch in Wildwood and they quickly fixed the situation.

She has had excellent service from BB&T for years now.

Yossarian

Have been a BB&T customer for almost 20 years. Have always had good service on the rare occasions that I actually have had to go to the local branches. There have been two occasions where improper charges were made to my checking account and they were both addressed with a minimum of hassle and no loss of $ for me.

jrt_ms1995

But now they've merged with SunTrust to become "Truist" (who invents these dumbass names, and this isn't even one of the bad ones). How are things going to be after the merger is finalized? 🤷 Have become totally sick and PO'ed with Bank of America since before they closed the Leonardtown branch, and was looking for another, but Old Line is now gone via merger as is Branch Banking & Trust (where I had my first account starting in '78).

stgislander

PREMO Member
But now they've merged with SunTrust to become "Truist" (who invents these dumbass names, and this isn't even one of the bad ones). How are things going to be after the merger is finalized? 🤷 Have become totally sick and PO'ed with Bank of America since before they closed the Leonardtown branch, and was looking for another, but Old Line is now gone via merger as is Branch Banking & Trust (where I had my first account starting in '78).
My wife and I are SunTrust customers and my wife was BB&T for many years. So far we've not noticed any changes. When talking to the head teller at ST, she said the biggest unknown for them is which branch building is going to remain open.

jrt_ms1995

My wife and I are SunTrust customers and my wife was BB&T for many years. So far we've not noticed any changes. When talking to the head teller at ST, she said the biggest unknown for them is which branch building is going to remain open.
Too close together on 235; wish they'd move one to L'town (in a location you can exit from!).

PeoplesElbow

Another good story about BB&T, 15 years ago when my dad passed away he had just received a year of back pay for social security disability after they determined that his cancer made him disabled. The deposit of roughly $20k went into the bank account three days before he passed away. About a month later my mom wrote the check for his funeral expenses and a few other things from that money. She gets a notice that some checks bounced, the social security admin pulled the money back, it is a standard procedure but they did not notify us. Mom went to the bank, BB&Ts manager refunded all of the bounced check fees and actually called the local Social Security office with us, the person we talked to there tried to say the bank returned it, the manager set her straight.

Fast forward three months later, my mom gets the money back from social security, then a few weeks later she gets a letter from they saying that the money was going to be pulled as is standard procedure if someone passes away in a month they get a check.

Point of the story is BB&T didn't need to do all that they did for her and the Social Security Admin sucks ass.

Chris0nllyn

From what I understand, no account numbers will change, but rates could certainly change.

My BB&T Branch is about 100 yds from a Suntrust so the biggest change will be which building I eventually go to.