With Easter in March the show season starts in April.:yahoo:

April 12-13, 2008

May 3-4, 2008

May 31 - June 1, 2008

July 26-27, 2008

August 9-10, 2008

Fun Benefit Show Weekend of October 11-12, 2008 Format TBD

Newsletter and Banquet Info pending!

Yeah that is what I am wondering. Which show series?

quartermom

Low & Slow

April 12-13, 2008

May 3-4, 2008

May 31 - June 1, 2008

July 26-27, 2008

August 9-10, 2008

The dates are for SMHA 2008:howdy:

F

finickyfilly

Similar to MSA Western. The Halter Classes & Trail are normally larger.

Thanks for pointing out I forgot to specify the Association. Now it is in Bold Red that it is SMHA.:howdy:

:howdy: its been a while, been busy, I see our buddy WinnDixie has come back on occasion. Did she get any awards with her 16.3 bay?

appaholic

I like the later date. I'm just not motivated in March. Usually still cold and wet out.

I NEED to get motivated NOW, so I'll be ready in April. But for some reason, no fire... and If I keep gaining weight I going to need a crane to get in the saddle! I need:buttkick:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:howdy: its been a while, been busy, I see our buddy WinnDixie has come back on occasion. Did she get any awards with her 16.3 bay?

How are you doing? Haven't seen you post for a few weeks. Hope you had a great Holiday!!:yahoo:

Well the bay in the Greens that did well sure wasn't 16.3.:whistle: Maybe 15.3.

BZHorseMomE

I like the later date. I'm just not motivated in March. Usually still cold and wet out.

Ponies and some Horses are still so fuzzy in March too. I hate to clip that late. Then again we had a pony that stayed fuzzy until May so he got clipped in late September & then again in February. He looked like a Dun 6 months out of the year.

natbugs

I have shown SMHA since 1993....the western classes have gotten bigger the last 2 years. were small for a few years. last year most had 5-7...and of course theopen walk jogs had 10 or more. on good weather shows. trail at SMHA is kinda small.leadline and walk are small...walk jog(JR and Youth) are 4-6 riders....they are a good club ,I think. nice facility...good to work the green one there so we can come back in July for the AQHA suntan circuit and it be our home turf....only thing I do not like is they run the jumpers in the other ring when the little kids ride.watching the jumpers fly around sometimes gets the horse rung up...they should wait till after the walk jogs are done.

BZHorseMomE

I have shown SMHA since 1993....the western classes have gotten bigger the last 2 years. were small for a few years. last year most had 5-7...and of course theopen walk jogs had 10 or more. on good weather shows. trail at SMHA is kinda small.leadline and walk are small...walk jog(JR and Youth) are 4-6 riders....they are a good club ,I think. nice facility...good to work the green one there so we can come back in July for the AQHA suntan circuit and it be our home turf....only thing I do not like is they run the jumpers in the other ring when the little kids ride.watching the jumpers fly around sometimes gets the horse rung up...they should wait till after the walk jogs are done.

Yes, like the guy on the small Grey Horse that keep galloping between the Grand Stands and the middle ring while I class was going on. Why didn't he just stay on the road to get to the ring on the end. Turns out he is one of the officers with SMHA. At least that is what they told me Mom. I don't understand why they don't just have the Jumpers in the back ring.:whistle:

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
SMHA Show Dates.

April 12-13, 2008

May 3-4, 2008

May 31 - June 1, 2008

July 26-27, 2008

August 9-10, 2008

Thanks for the dates!! I plan to do all of these =D
My friend just bought a trailer and has agreed to take me with her!
I'm so excited. :yahoo:

I want to show as much as I can afford this summer.
Are there any other places I can take Bubba? Neither of us have much show experience, at all. Any suggestions? I know it's kind of early, but I'm just so excited =)

BZHorseMomE

Are there any other places I can take Bubba? Neither of us have much show experience, at all. Any suggestions? I know it's kind of early, but I'm just so excited =)

I posted the dates for MSA on another thread. Those shows are also held at PG Equestrain Center. If you'd like a copy of the e-mail MSA sent me just PM me and I'll get it to you. :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Forgot to include this paragraph.

If you know someone NOT getting e-mails, encourage them to send a message
to MSA_Board@mdsaddle.com to get added to the mailing list. It is
sometimes difficult to read addresses listed on forms. Word document is
included if you want to type your form.

W

WhoCares

Free State has nice Saturday shows that are a circuit. They are on Saturdays and up in Bowie.