Show Season starts late.

F

finickyfilly

How are you doing? Haven't seen you post for a few weeks. Hope you had a great Holiday!!:yahoo:

Well the bay in the Greens that did well sure wasn't 16.3.:whistle: Maybe 15.3.

Had a wonderful Holiday with friends and family.

Just as I thought, Someone braggin with no proof. A Wind Puffer:killingme

W

WhoCares

I NEED to get motivated NOW, so I'll be ready in April. But for some reason, no fire... and If I keep gaining weight I going to need a crane to get in the saddle! I need:buttkick:

What motivated me..

Putting on my show coat that I got last year on clearance. It is still to snug. I really want to wear it badly.

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
ooo thanks for posting! I dont go to this show circut, because it dosnt have speed classes, but i have a soon-to-be 3yr old that i would like to start in western pleasure, and the new horse Carlos.

You should tell smha to add a jackpot class for barrels, and poles, for their fun show:whistle:. I love funshows, im going to keep that on my calender when they have a set date.

QH_BaBe

,I think. nice facility...good to work the green one there so we can come back in July for the AQHA suntan circuit and it be our home turf.....
Hey Anyone know anything bout the AQHA Suntan Circuit? Ive heard about it but havent been able to find any info..

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hey Anyone know anything bout the AQHA Suntan Circuit? Ive heard about it but havent been able to find any info..

You might want to start a new thread about the Suntan Circuit so you question won't get lost in this thread.:howdy: I think there is only one show though that is actually in Maryland and that is up at PG Equestrian Center.

quartermom

Low & Slow

They haven't posted the dates yet, but it towards the end of July. Keep checking Southern Maryland Quarter Horse Assoc for info. When I get info on it I'll post it also..

quartermom

Low & Slow
It has been being held at PG, that is the last of QH Assoc. to have there shows still there who know they could move it also. Years ago it used to be held at Roscroft Raceway.

BZHorseMomE

It has been being held at PG, that is the last of QH Assoc. to have there shows still there who know they could move it also. Years ago it used to be held at Roscroft Raceway.

I heard one of the reasons people don't want to go to PG is because they don't have enough camper hook ups. Is that why so many of the shows are in DE now?

natbugs

it is the third weekend in july. MD state QH assoc moved there show to HarringtonDE on 06 and the Culpepper in 07 so I am not sure where they will be this year. The sun tan is usally small...but a great place for youngsters..still some nice horses but not many classes over 10-14 horses. I hope to have my 4 yr old there this year.....fingers crossed....SMQH.org is the web site for the sun tan show.

natbugs

DE has a covered arena. The aqha shows in PG used to be inside...then it got to pricey to rent the indoor. The qh peeps like to stay out of the weather if possible.but I do not think culpepper has an indoor. not sure why but MD state was not allowed back into DE so they moved it to culpepper.

Robin

it is the third weekend in july. MD state QH assoc moved there show to HarringtonDE on 06 and the Culpepper in 07 so I am not sure where they will be this year. The sun tan is usally small...but a great place for youngsters..still some nice horses but not many classes over 10-14 horses. I hope to have my 4 yr old there this year.....fingers crossed....SMQH.org is the web site for the sun tan show.

If I get my courage badge on we might be in the same classes. If not you might be riding against you know who:killingme

appaholic

I heard one of the reasons people don't want to go to PG is because they don't have enough camper hook ups. Is that why so many of the shows are in DE now?

I personally think it is time for PG to have a facelift. The barns are old, and it would be nice if they had at least a covered ring and yes more hookups.
IMO Its crazy that PG EQUESTRIAN center host more computer shows... because most breed associations/horse clubs can not afford the price to rent the indoor (which was its intended use).

BZHorseMomE

DE has a covered arena. The aqha shows in PG used to be inside...then it got to pricey to rent the indoor. The qh peeps like to stay out of the weather if possible.but I do not think culpepper has an indoor. not sure why but MD state was not allowed back into DE so they moved it to culpepper.

No indoor at Culpepper. Great outdoor rings though.

Natbugs and Robin I hope you both have a really great show season.

BZHorseMomE

I personally think it is time for PG to have a facelift. The barns are old, and it would be nice if they had at least a covered ring and yes more hookups.
IMO Its crazy that PG EQUESTRIAN center host more computer shows... because most breed associations/horse clubs can not afford the price to rent the indoor (which was its intended use).

The outdoor covered ring was scrapped. Plus politics and I don't mean horse politics.:whistle: I agree about the stalls.

BZHorseMomE

Love the new Avatar Natbugs.:yahoo: