Shrink wrapping...

poster

can you recommend anyone or place that is reasonable?

Husband also needs to replace the bearings/hubs (sp?-not sure what they're called) on the trailer. Anyone recommend a reasonably priced place (other than Boater's World or West Marine) to buy the parts?

Tyring to save some dough.

Husband also needs to replace the bearings/hubs (sp?-not sure what they're called) on the trailer. Anyone recommend a reasonably priced place (other than Boater's World or West Marine) to buy the parts?

Dave's Trailers up in Glen Burnie Maryland. The have hub assemblies and all the parts in stock, very cheap, very knowledgeable. Well worth the drive.

Dave's Boat Trailer Sales, Glen Burnie, MD : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

I would think NAPA would have wheel bearings. Hubs they would probably be able to get.

Bearings and hubs are pretty available. Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply, almost any auto parts store. Maybe a half hour per wheel to do it yourself.

RPMDAD

Where in SOMD is the boat located found this link for shrink wrappers in Annapolis, it offers mobile service, however we keep our boat in Deale, Md.
and i know a lot of people up there get their boats wrapped. will keep my eye out for firms that do it.

Boat Shrink Wrappers of Maryland shrinkwrap the planet

poster

Thanks all! West Marine is having a sale!
They're the cheapest it seems - complete hub (galvanized) w/bearings already assembled and lubed about $45 each.

Still looking for shrink wrapper. Need someone willing to do south Calvert.

RPMDAD thanks, they can only do this friday because of our location. We're not quite ready yet was hoping to schedule for mid Oct. We'd have gone with them though, guy sounded very professional and the price was ok.

Thanks all! West Marine is having a sale!
They're the cheapest it seems
- complete hub (galvanized) w/bearings already assembled and lubed about $45 each.

Still looking for shrink wrapper. Need someone willing to do south Calvert.

RPMDAD thanks, they can only do this friday because of our location. We're not quite ready yet was hoping to schedule for mid Oct. We'd have gone with them though, guy sounded very professional and the price was ok.

Ok, that surprises me. Usually when you say "marine" you can add 20% to the price, which is why I didn't suggest it!

poster

Ok, that surprises me. Usually when you say "marine" you can add 20% to the price, which is why I didn't suggest it!

That was my thinking too. Was glad to find I was wrong!
Keep in mind this only for 1750lbs hubs.
Hubby's just glad he won't have to assemble the greasy mess. :yahoo: