*sigh*

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just got a "buy something" email from Sephora, and it made me stop and think....when was the last time I put on eyeshadow? Or anything other than tinted moisturizer and a double swipe of mascara?

I go out, so it's not like I have no occasion to do hair and makeup. I have clothes other than jeans and shoes other than hiking boots. And I'm single, so it's not like I'm in a married rut.

I like to describe my "style" as LL Bean/Eddie Bauer natural, but I think in reality I'm just a lazy bum who can't be bothered to put any effort into my appearance. Plus I just don't enjoy that sort of thing.

:frown:

Next M&G I'm going to wear something cute and do more than brush my teeth to get dolled up.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I absolutely never wear eyeshadow. I do the basic BM foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick with gloss on top.

The one thing that I dread every single day of my life is doing my hair. I hate blow drying it, I hate curling it, I hate straightening it....I hate everything about getting my hair ready, which is why mostly I do the cop-out with a lame pony tail or a bun.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
This is going to seem like sucking up/kissing butt, but I don't care. Lots of you ladies have natural beauty which needs no makeup. And most outfits work for most things. Dressing up for a M&G? Seems like a waste of energy unless you meet at a fancy place. JMHO.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I keep it simple, and don't wear a lot of it, but I do wear the makeup everyday, because I like the way it looks on me. (except, NOT to the gym at 5am!! I use BM foundation & blush and I use a neutral eyeshadow, brown black mascara (it's not as harsh IMO) However, I never wear lipstick or lip gloss.

I dress casually most of the time, and even my office attire is not high end business attire. It's more like business casual. Often, at the M&G's I am in the outfit I wore to work that day, and we can wear jeans on "casual Fridays".

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just got a "buy something" email from Sephora, and it made me stop and think....when was the last time I put on eyeshadow? Or anything other than tinted moisturizer and a double swipe of mascara?

I go out, so it's not like I have no occasion to do hair and makeup. I have clothes other than jeans and shoes other than hiking boots. And I'm single, so it's not like I'm in a married rut.

I like to describe my "style" as LL Bean/Eddie Bauer natural, but I think in reality I'm just a lazy bum who can't be bothered to put any effort into my appearance. Plus I just don't enjoy that sort of thing.

:frown:

Next M&G I'm going to wear something cute and do more than brush my teeth to get dolled up.

If you don't need it why spend the money on it?

If you were butt ugly I could understand spending a fortune on make up...

Otherwise save your money and regale us in your natural beauty..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I absolutely never wear eyeshadow. I do the basic BM foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick with gloss on top.

The one thing that I dread every single day of my life is doing my hair. I hate blow drying it, I hate curling it, I hate straightening it....I hate everything about getting my hair ready, which is why mostly I do the cop-out with a lame pony tail or a bun.

I like your buns..

Idunno

When I am at home, or just going grocery shopping....no makeup. When I go to work it is BM foundation, blush, smudged eyeliner and mascara. No lip goo. Hair is naturally wavy and long, so it is either down or half up half down. Pony's in the summer.

Basic thought process.....if you don't like the look, don't look!

MarieB

If you don't need it why spend the money on it?

If you were butt ugly I could understand spending a fortune on make up...

Otherwise save your money and regale us in your natural beauty..

But, maybe

It's not about "need" for vrai, or it doesn't sound to me like she really needs it (physically she doesn't need it) but more about maybe something she perhaps wants to do

And it doesn't break the bank

MarieB

This is going to seem like sucking up/kissing butt, but I don't care. Lots of you ladies have natural beauty which needs no makeup. And most outfits work for most things. Dressing up for a M&G? Seems like a waste of energy unless you meet at a fancy place. JMHO.

It's not a waste of energy if you want to do it and it makes you feel good. It's not about anyone else

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not a waste of energy if you want to do it and it makes you feel good. It's not about anyone else

^This. It's a girlie thing. I've never been one who had to be put together for the grocery store or like that, but back in the day me and my girlfriends would get together before going out and get all dolled up while drinking gin and tonics. Pick out our outfits, do our hair and makeup, arrive looking smashing, dahling. :diva:

I just think I should do that again, for old times sake.

Thank you. I love getting all made up. Foundation, blush, eyeliner, and a really cute outfit.

Shame I can never leave the house like that....

Thank you. I love getting all made up. Foundation, blush, eyeliner, and a really cute outfit.

It's not a shame it's a good thing... considering you don't turn on lights so what you think is sultry smokey-eye in your darkened shadowy mirror really looks like you've been sucker-punched by Chuck Norris in public...:huggy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Your white sneakers really complete the whole ensemble. :yay:

images1.jpg

:ohwell: It all started when I painted my thumbnail red to stop texting while driving, and one thing led to another.....

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I just think I should do that again, for old times sake.

You should! You're young, hip, and still like to have fun, so it's only natural that your exterior shine just as bright as your personality. Don't become boring, frumpy SAH mom type just because less energy is wasted by taking the "easy" route. You should always look like a million bucks! :buddies: