Silverado this weekend

Vince

But the price I'm going to pay for a box of ammo up there is no better than around here. The price of ammo has doubled since Obamy took office and some is just impossible to get.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I'd like to buy a hand gun and a rifle/shotgun for personal use. I had a .357 Magnum years ago and a 22. I've shot many different weapons and was darn good with the M16A1. Not sure what to get now (tho I like the Mossberg 590A1).

I'd like to buy a hand gun and a rifle/shotgun for personal use. I had a .357 Magnum years ago and a 22. I've shot many different weapons and was darn good with the M16A1. Not sure what to get now (tho I like the Mossberg 590A1).
You can't go wrong with a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. Ruger 10/22 is a good .22 autoloader, lots of parts out there to customize it if that's your thing. Savage and Remington both make good bolt action .22's. I am partial to Remington.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Thanks Huntr. I hope to get up there on Sunday. I want to go spend some money while I can still use it for something other than TP!

Know what you mean - I'm a Scouter too. Good on you for being there for them.

Vince

I'm just going to take a ride up for lack of anything else to do. Who knows, might come across a good deal. :shrug:

oldbuffalo

Check out the list of guns on the Chesapeake auction website. Their gun auction is Sunday, March 7, 1 pm. in St. Leonard. Was snowed out from Feb. 14. I think they have about 70 now and more are coming. There's always some things that sell under market at those auctions. I've bought some things I didn't plan to because bidding stopped and I know a good price when I see it. But don't forget the 10% buyer's premium and transfer fee.