SinkHole in Golden Beach

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Hearing message traffic about a very large sinkhole in the Golden Beach area from METCOM on the scanner. Initial reports say the sinkhole is 6' deep and there are water lines and Power, cable and other lines visible about 6' down.

METCOM enroute to try to figure out if construction work in the area has ruptured a pipe or a pipe has just burst.

METCOM is concerned because apparently there is only one well in the area and if it's a water line break it may have to shut off all water to the area.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
2151:

Homeowner apparently called back to report he can not see that water is flowing up and out of the sinkhole so METCOMs hope is that it is nothing serious. There is a truck enroute to inspect at this time.

I have to go to work in a bit so likely will not be able to follow up on this.

nanstime

Jeff said:
2151:

Homeowner apparently called back to report he can not see that water is flowing up and out of the sinkhole so METCOMs hope is that it is nothing serious. There is a truck enroute to inspect at this time.

I have to go to work in a bit so likely will not be able to follow up on this.
take the night off if there is a hole you wont be able to drive your car:) :huggy:

bcp

In My Opinion
how ignorant is that?
hes going to go to work just so he can pay his bills instead of staying home to keep us informed because we are nosey?

some peoples kids.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
nanstime said:
take the night off if there is a hole you wont be able to drive your car:) :huggy:

:lmao:
Nahh. I am good. Takes me 5 minutes to get to work on base.

I was trying to listen for more onfo on this while in the truck . Never heard more about it.

Once I got to work I did hear the METCOM people talking, telling each other to have a nice night. I am assuming they evaluated this sinkhole and determined it was not serious so they will re evaluate in the morning. Again, that is just an assumption there and if I hear anything further I will post. I am sure there are folks from the forums in that area who might be effected somehow if major repairs have to happen.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
bcp said:
how ignorant is that?
hes going to go to work just so he can pay his bills instead of staying home to keep us informed because we are nosey?

some peoples kids.

Screw bills. I need to buy more computers and radios :lmao:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Jeff said:
Once I got to work I did hear the METCOM people talking, telling each other to have a nice night. I am assuming they evaluated this sinkhole and determined it was not serious so they will re evaluate in the morning.
All will be fine until some idiot, wandering around in the dark, falls in and gets injured.

That will be a fun thread. :lol:

M

Mousebaby

Jeff said:
Screw bills. I need to buy more computers and radios :lmao:
OH HEY I CAN MAKE YOUR DAY!!! I have a puter tower for sale! Interested???? PM me for details. Oh and don't listen to Andy, he's just jealous cause he ain't got no money! :lmao:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Mousebaby said:
OH HEY I CAN MAKE YOUR DAY!!! I have a puter tower for sale! Interested???? PM me for details. Oh and don't listen to Andy, he's just jealous cause he ain't got no money! :lmao:

No I have plenty of towers. I guess my next investment will be on a couple of decent servers.

But my problem is no money as well. :lmao:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Just an update in this.

I am hearing stuff now that this sinkhole is 45' deep with about 12 feet of water in it. Mentioning something about it was an old farmhouse and the well has become unbanded.

Jeff said:
Just an update in this.

I am hearing stuff now that this sinkhole is 45' deep with about 12 feet of water in it. Mentioning something about it was an old farmhouse and the well has become unbanded.
That happened to a well out in Arizona once, but they had a new band lined up by the weekend.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
desertrat said:
That happened to a well out in Arizona once, but they had a new band lined up by the weekend.

:lmao: .. I hear ya.

If I understand them Correctly this is no longer a METCOM issue. METCOM is turning it over to public works as it is a Major safety issue.

Jeff said:
:lmao: .. I hear ya.

If I understand them Correctly this is no longer a METCOM issue. METCOM is turning it over to public works as it is a Major safety issue.
Sounds like a pretty big hole.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
desertrat said:
Sounds like a pretty big hole.

I did not catch the width.

Last night when they said 6' I 'thought' I had actually heard "60'". But I wasn't sure and when posting it I figured 6' made better sense. But know this morning they are talkin 45' so maybe I did actually hear 60.

But, like you said. A pretty big hole ether way. I never did get a better location on it. But if there is a 45' hole in the ground I bet it will be in the papers this week.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
vegmom said:
Where in Golden Beach is this sinkhole? My grandmother lives down by the water.

To be honest I have not caught a location. Each time I hear something about it I have not heard a location mentioned other than last night I knew they were enroute to the Goldem Beach area to investigate it. There is mention of an old Unoccupied Farmhouse if that is any help.

I will try to catch a better loccation on it if possible

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
spicy said:
Anybody have any more info on this?

Not me. Heard nothing more about it since METCOM called Public Works to come out and put up a fence or barricade around it. If it was a 45' deep hole like they said I would be surprised if something isn't in the local papers on it.