Skechers Shape Ups...

belvak

Happy Camper
Anyone else try these? I've seen ads about these and was walking through Spotsylvania mall yesterday. Saw a pair I liked, so I tried them on. Boy are they ever comfy!! So, I bought a pair. So far, other than feeling really comfy, I can also feel some difference in my leg muscles. Also, just coming off of the broken ankle, they actually make the ankle feel better. Anyone else?

CRHS89

So are these for wearing only when working out or are they for everyday use? I tried on a pair but didn't buy them. They did feel very good, but I wasn't sure if they would after wearing for a long time.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't know about those, but I love my Sketchers, not sure what kind they are. but they are very comfy.

D-35

Foot Comfort

Anyone else try these? I've seen ads about these and was walking through Spotsylvania mall yesterday. Saw a pair I liked, so I tried them on. Boy are they ever comfy!! So, I bought a pair. So far, other than feeling really comfy, I can also feel some difference in my leg muscles. Also, just coming off of the broken ankle, they actually make the ankle feel better. Anyone else?

Having dealt with several sports-related knee/ankle issues, I've cued on the recent Sketcher sneaks TV commercials. It appears that the angle of the soles pitches one's center-of-balance forward toward the toes. (not an original concept).

Thx for the Spots Mall tip--Since I work at Dahlgren and live in Wildewood; I'll pick a pair before heading for home next week....:coffee:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
My friend has had a pair for a few months now. She wears them just about everywhere and works out with them every morning. At first they made her calves sore but now she is used to them. She loves them.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Have looked at them and others like them for a while but didn't want to spend the money unless I knew for sure they were worth it. Now that you've done the guinea pig thing, I'll head out & pick up a pair! :howdy:

Thanks for posting this!

(Maybe we should have a forum "leg" contest in the Spring, :roflmao:)

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Have looked at them and others like them for a while but didn't want to spend the money unless I knew for sure they were worth it. Now that you've done the guinea pig thing, I'll head out & pick up a pair! :howdy:

Thanks for posting this!

(Maybe we should have a forum "leg" contest in the Spring, :roflmao:)

I had been looking at them for awhile too but the price was the deterent. It still is. :ohwell:

jayel

I noticed that walmart had pairs made by danskin(I think). Was wondering if anyone had tried those? There about $60 to $80 less then sketchers are, and might be worth buying to at least try. But was hoping someone had bought both, and could tell if there was any difference besides price?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I noticed that walmart had pairs made by danskin(I think). Was wondering if anyone had tried those? There about $60 to $80 less then sketchers are, and might be worth buying to at least try. But was hoping someone had bought both, and could tell if there was any difference besides price?

I just looked on-line and they are sold out on-line but the PF Wal-Mart says they have them in stock. Only $25! Walmart.com: Danskin Now - Women's Spring Sneakers: Shoes

Now that's more in my price range. Maybe I'll stop by after work and check it out.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Whats the difference between the Sketchers & Reebok Easy Tone? If the results are what they say, I'm going Reebok :hot:

Attachments

• reebok.png
    reebok.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 137
  • reebok2.jpg
    reebok2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 120

AeroTaken

Whats the difference between the Sketchers & Reebok Easy Tone? If the results are what they say, I'm going Reebok :hot:

I was looking at the Reebok's a couple of months ago and almost bought them. They look more like normal shoes because they have basically balance balls in the soles of them instead of being curved, solid soles like the Sketchers. But I changed my mind after I read a LOT of reviews from people who said walked in them everywhere and loved them. UNTIL they stepped on something sharp and punctured the balance ball and now they are just a plain pair of shoes. And Reebok would not replace them when they contacted them. And I can see if you plan to wear them for everyday type walking shoes that the chances of stepping on something that could puncture them would be pretty high (which is supposed to be their purpose - to shape up while you do your everyday kind of walking).

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
The skechers look better when you get the newer ones that are colored. Another friend of mine just got a pair and they don't look as big as the white ones my friend has.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I was looking at those as well..thinking about the reebok ones..(because they look more normal) but I didn't think about stepping on something and deflating the ball..that is a good point. I was wondering if they worked..maybe I will have to go pick up a pair..thanks for the review..

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
that and the reeboks in my opinion look more normal where as the sketchers look like moon boots.
:yeahthat: I have the Reeboks and as far as I can tell they feel just like regular sneakers. I think a lot of the hype has to do with people walking more because they have special shoes. :lol:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I first saw this kind of shoe from the Bliss company which advertised the "fitflops" FitFlop Shoe, FitFlop Sandal, FitFlop Fitness Shoe - bliss.

Shortly thereafter, Victoria's Secret jumped on the bandwagon, Victoria's Secret - FitFlop®.

Now, we are starting to see the tennis shoe option available with the same technology and everybody is getting into the act:

Avon Avon Shop - Products
Skecher's SKECHERS Official Shoe Store | Shape Ups Shoes | Fitness Footwear | Improve Posture | Strengthens Back | Firm Buttocks
Walmart Danskin Walmart.com: Danskin Now - Women's Spring Sneakers: Shoes

Me, I'm going with whoever makes 'em in a size 5 1/2 (impossible to find so if anyone sees any, please let me know!) and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg -- because toned thighs & firm buttocks just aren't as appealing if I only have one leg & one arm! :roflmao:

belvak

Happy Camper
Me, I'm going with whoever makes 'em in a size 5 1/2 (impossible to find so if anyone sees any, please let me know!) and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg -- because toned thighs & firm buttocks just aren't as appealing if I only have one leg & one arm! :roflmao:

Hey Twin, I wear anything from a little girl's size 2 to a woman's size 6. Usual size for me is 5 1/2. The smallest they had the Shape Ups in (the one I liked anyway) was a 6. They fit perfectly!!! If you're really interested, you might want to stop in a store and actually try a pair on. :buddies:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Hey Twin, I wear anything from a little girl's size 2 to a woman's size 6. Usual size for me is 5 1/2. The smallest they had the Shape Ups in (the one I liked anyway) was a 6. They fit perfectly!!! If you're really interested, you might want to stop in a store and actually try a pair on. :buddies:

I also wear a 5 1/2 and Skechers says buy their shoe 1/2 size larger than you normally wear.