Skins - Beagles

PsyOps

Pixelated
Crazy start. I guess I'll be a broken record all season about the Skin's secondary. They suck!

thurley42

HY;FR
That was a gift from the Bengals to the Redskins for Cinn. to fake that FG attempt. Why in the world would they try that when the FG would have given them a 10-point lead with the momentum? Instead, the team gave the momentum to the Skins with just a deficit of a TD. But, hey, I'll take it.

Ya and you all pissed it a way lol good job!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Peter griffin ain't gettin' it done.

Week 1 was a tease. Where's Gus when you need him?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Redskins are back...

To normal..

They showed RG before the game trying to get the Skins fired up. He said something like "If you can't get fired up to win in your own home, then you don't belong here". They he said something like "Now let's get out there and kick some @$$" and the team kind of half-assed replied.

Once again, there is no fire in their belly. They are getting their millions from Snottie. Snottie if getting his millions from suckers willing to buy his crap; and they're content with that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's a problem throught the NFL and other pro sports as well. There is a fire lacking because of the money. 35 years ago players did not play for the money but they played for the game. There was team pride and cameraderie (sp.?). Now there is greed and selfishness. But, hey...we still watch. (Just not as much nor as enthusiastic in my case.)

No doubt about it. I guess having gone from the Cooke days to what we have now it’s a huge disappointment to me that Cooke made the decision he did about the team after he died. I honestly think he has to be rolling in his grave at what Snottie has done to this team.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I think every pass thrown in Deangelo Hall's direction has resulted in a completion. Now he gets a face mask. They need to get that useless player out of there.

RPMDAD

OMG, here we go again, all i have asked for the last 3 or 4 years is please just let us go 8 and 8. Could be another long season here. I don't even care if they go to the playoffs, a great improvement for me would be to see them win 50% of their games.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So much for the pre season hype about the 'Skins D :rolleyes: RGIII is the tonic this team needed on offense Raheem Morris may be the worst secondary coach evah.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
OMG, here we go again, all i have asked for the last 3 or 4 years is please just let us go 8 and 8. Could be another long season here. I don't even care if they go to the playoffs, a great improvement for me would be to see them win 50% of their games.

At least they are putting points on the board this season, close to a hundred points in three weeks.

homedepot20

Maybe calling a Bengal which is a TIGER , a Beagle dog , pissed them OFF . :whistle:Watch a REAL team play tonite ! Go RAVENS :buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
So much for the pre season hype about the 'Skins D :rolleyes: RGIII is the tonic this team needed on offense Raheem Morris may be the worst secondary coach evah.

Scoring for the Skins has been great. They’ve averaged 33 points per game. Unlike past years where they routinely got down into the redzone and had to settle for field goals; they’re actually putting real points on the board this year. My worry is RG is going to get hurt. The offensive line didn’t give much protection yesterday. Part of that is standing the pocket too long, being indecisive. His reputation is of being versatile and able to scramble. He needs to use this and get out of that pocket more.

But the defensive secondary is the death of this team. They can’t stop the pass, and they are pretty ineffective against any run that gets into the secondary. Deangelo Hall needs to go. Cinci found that weakness and exploited it all day long.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Scoring for the Skins has been great. They’ve averaged 33 points per game. Unlike past years where they routinely got down into the redzone and had to settle for field goals; they’re actually putting real points on the board this year. My worry is RG is going to get hurt. The offensive line didn’t give much protection yesterday. Part of that is standing the pocket too long, being indecisive. His reputation is of being versatile and able to scramble. He needs to use this and get out of that pocket more.

But the defensive secondary is the death of this team. They can’t stop the pass, and they are pretty ineffective against any run that gets into the secondary. Deangelo Hall needs to go. Cinci found that weakness and exploited it all day long.
I don't think that it's so much a problem with the line, I think the issue is the D secondary is giving up points so easily that he's thinking that he has to score with each possession. He's keeping the ball so long trying for a major strike each time he throws. If he'd go for more dump passes that would eventually open the receivers for the long ball, and get it out quicker.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
At least they are putting points on the board this season, close to a hundred points in three weeks.

To me, that is irrelevant. I would MUCH prefer a tight, tense struggle that comes down to 13-10 than a pin ball game where we still lose by two scores.

Griffin is a heck of a player and makes plays. That is fantastic. However, we still gave up an awful lot to get him. It is still a team game.

And, teams have read their notes from high school; when playing the option, the outside defender STAYS with the outside man and the inside defenders stay with the QB and HIT HIM every single play whether he pitches it or not.

The Skins are in a tough place. A shaky line is now destitute without a mediocre Trent Williams. Teams are remembering how to play the option and Robert is starting to get pummeled.

And, worse, as someone pointed out, the defense is not excellent.

They're a fun team to watch but, right now, it's getting tough anticipating which play RGIII ain't going to get up from.

:jameo: