Skins Falcons game thread...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Watered the posies, cleaned the bike, exercised and now, I find myself eternally hopefully, getting some pop corn and a beer. :lol:

:buddies:

:popcorn:

I just realized that I picked the Falcons. I had intended to pick the Redskins for every game this year. It was gonna be my self imposed handicap. :lol:

I must have forgotten for a second. My guess is that means they'll win this one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just realized that I picked the Falcons. I had intended to pick the Redskins for every game this year. It was gonna be my self imposed handicap. :lol:

I must have forgotten for a second. My guess is that means they'll win this one.

:lol:

Not if Fat Albert has anything to say about.

:lol:

Not if Fat Albert has anything to say about.

In fairness, there was a time when offensive lineman were't allowed to do all of that moving around that they are allowed to get away with now. Not saying that call was any different than the way they normally call it now - but those offensive lineman were moving around an awful lot. It used to be, once they put their hand down, that was it - statue time.

I knew they should have used the bye week to work on lining up on onside. I blame the coach for that one. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In fairness, there was a time when offensive lineman were't allowed to do all of that moving around that they are allowed to get away with now. Not saying that call was any different than the way they normally call it now - but those offensive lineman were moving around an awful lot. It used to be, once they put their hand down, that was it - statue time.

However, everyone, including each Redskins opponent, is playing under the same rules, so, there is fairness, nes pas?

Shhh ... the quarter is over - that's a relief. For a minute there, I thought we were gonna play ourselves out of the game.

However, everyone, including each Redskins opponent, is playing under the same rules, so, there is fairness, nes pas?

Absolutely - not complaining about it from that standpoint.

They do favor offenses more than I would like them to these days, though. I suppose that's what sells the most tickets.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Absolutely - not complaining about it from that standpoint.

They do favor offenses more than I would like them to these days, though. I suppose that's what sells the most tickets.

D still wins championships, no greater example than the Giants two years ago against the hyper O of the Pats. Then we got the Steelers, Indy when Bob Sanders and Freeney are going good, Ravens, Philly, all good defense.

That's why the Saints interested me so much last Monday, to see if they could play some D.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
BTW, I am still objecting to Blache getting so little heat. They've been merely good, not great, against the dregs. Now, we're playing good teams.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Must admit, that was an exciting fight :boxing: :lol:

Think that both penalties should have been assessed..One for the late hit, and the other as a dead ball personal foul. Didn't make sense to treat them as both happening on the play.

D

dems4me

Think that both penalties should have been assessed..One for the late hit, and the other as a dead ball personal foul. Didn't make sense to treat them as both happening on the play.

I agree. I actually thought there would be some ejections.:shrug: How many penalties anyways have these refs called today? Seems they are getting a work out today:lol: