Skins opening night...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...of the Shannahan era.

I am NOT excited to see the 5 car in B/G. Just doesn't seem right. :shrug:

I am not excited that 26 is still here.

I will be done with him if 11 doesn't impress the hell out of us tonight.

I do not see how a bunch of ex linemen moving to LB make a 3-4 work.

I am expecting nothing much from the o line.

In short, I am happy that if I totally forget about the game I won't be bothered. I guess that's something?

Anyone jazzed for this?

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
...of the Shannahan era.

In short, I am happy that if I totally forget about the game I won't be bothered. I guess that's something?

Anyone jazzed for this?

Agreed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
...of the Shannahan era.

Anyone jazzed for this?

I am. Wonder if it will be on here. Anyone else playing tonight, if not there may be a good chance I'll see the game.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Heck, that's the ONLY thing I am excited about so far. :lol:

Really???

I hate to say there is something wrong about someone else's qb coming here other than as some sort of washed up back up but, we have had pretty good luck getting qb's from Philly. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Really???

I hate to say there is something wrong about someone else's qb coming here other than as some sort of washed up back up but, we have had pretty good luck getting qb's from Philly. :lol:

I hate Philly but I've always liked McNabb...he seems to be a class guy. Who knows, we sure seem to eff up the good players we get.

I'm still jazzed that Vinny is gone.:buddies:

Well, there is that. :clap:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Don't make me mention the last qb we got from Philly! :tap:

Vintage

RFK Stadium—It was a Sonny day.

The 40-year old quarterback led a fourth quarter rally that was the stuff that Hall of Famers are made of. This was the first meeting between the Washington and Miami since the Fins defeated the Skins in Super Bowl VII. There are many, both Redskins rooters and others, who believe that the outcome in that game at the LA Coliseum would have been different had No. 9 been taking the snaps that day. The reality is, though, that Jurgensen was out with an Achilles tendon injury and Miami completed its perfect 17-0 season with a 14-7 win

The stakes weren’t nearly as high for this early-season game, with both teams just jockeying for playoff position rather than gunning for the Lombardi Trophy. Still, it was a chance to see how Jurgensen could do against the Dolphins, at this point the two-time defending NFL champs.

In the first half, the answer was “not very well”. The Dolphins took the opening kickoff and drove in for a touchdown and a 7-0 lead. After that, Jurgensen threw three interceptions, and the final one killed a promising drive near halftime.

Miami got a field goal in the middle of the third quarter to extend its lead to 10-0. Larry Jones returned the ensuing kickoff 57yards to set up a Mark Moseley field goal. The special teams pitched in again when Dennis Johnson forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and Brad Dusek recovered it on the Miami 33. Jurgensen converted immediately, throwing a perfect pass to Roy Jefferson on the next play to knot the score at 10 early in the fourth quarter.

On the next drive, the Redskins took the lead after a 19-yard connection from Jurgensen to Jefferson set up a 41-yard Moseley field goal. Washington had a chance to extend its lead with five minutes left, but Moseley missed from 45 yards and opened the door for Miami. Bob Griese converted a third and 10 with a 48-yard completion to Nat Moore that put the Dolphins in business at the Washington 24. Soon after that, Miami faced third and 11 at the 13. Cornerback Mike Bass blitzed, Griese just got his pass off into the area vacated by Bass and Howard Twilley caught it for the touchdown to make it 17-13.

To call to ensuing drive great just doesn’t do it justice. Nor do other adjectives such as heroic or clutch. Here’s what happened, and you can come up with your own superlative:

Starting with 1:54 left from the Washington 40 following Herb Mul-Key’s 32-yard kickoff return:

Jurgensen to Moses Denson for six yards.

Jurgensen to Jerry Smith for 10.

Jurgensen to Charley Taylor for four

Jurgensen to Taylor for 18

Jurgensen to Jefferson for 16

From the Miami six, Jurgensen pass intended for Larry Smith incomplete

Jurgensen to L. Smith for six yards and a touchdown with 16 seconds left on the clock.

Wow.

Larry Smith was tackled by linebacker Doug Swift, a clear infraction that went unflagged, on the incompletion prior to the touchdown. Jurgensen called for the same pattern, a slant, and this time Smith caught the ball over the middle and battled his way through linebackers Swift and Nick Buoniconti to inch the ball over the goal

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm taking the oldest boy to his first NFL game (albeit pre season) next week. He claims to be a Ravens fan now, but he's young and doesn't know better yet.:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Vintage

RFK Stadium—It was a Sonny day.

The 40-year old quarterback led a fourth quarter rally that was the stuff that Hall of Famers are made of. This was the first meeting between the Washington and Miami since the Fins defeated the Skins in Super Bowl VII. There are many, both Redskins rooters and others, who believe that the outcome in that game at the LA Coliseum would have been different had No. 9 been taking the snaps that day. The reality is, though, that Jurgensen was out with an Achilles tendon injury and Miami completed its perfect 17-0 season with a 14-7 win

The stakes weren’t nearly as high for this early-season game, with both teams just jockeying for playoff position rather than gunning for the Lombardi Trophy. Still, it was a chance to see how Jurgensen could do against the Dolphins, at this point the two-time defending NFL champs.

In the first half, the answer was “not very well”. The Dolphins took the opening kickoff and drove in for a touchdown and a 7-0 lead. After that, Jurgensen threw three interceptions, and the final one killed a promising drive near halftime.

Miami got a field goal in the middle of the third quarter to extend its lead to 10-0. Larry Jones returned the ensuing kickoff 57yards to set up a Mark Moseley field goal. The special teams pitched in again when Dennis Johnson forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and Brad Dusek recovered it on the Miami 33. Jurgensen converted immediately, throwing a perfect pass to Roy Jefferson on the next play to knot the score at 10 early in the fourth quarter.

On the next drive, the Redskins took the lead after a 19-yard connection from Jurgensen to Jefferson set up a 41-yard Moseley field goal. Washington had a chance to extend its lead with five minutes left, but Moseley missed from 45 yards and opened the door for Miami. Bob Griese converted a third and 10 with a 48-yard completion to Nat Moore that put the Dolphins in business at the Washington 24. Soon after that, Miami faced third and 11 at the 13. Cornerback Mike Bass blitzed, Griese just got his pass off into the area vacated by Bass and Howard Twilley caught it for the touchdown to make it 17-13.

To call to ensuing drive great just doesn’t do it justice. Nor do other adjectives such as heroic or clutch. Here’s what happened, and you can come up with your own superlative:

Starting with 1:54 left from the Washington 40 following Herb Mul-Key’s 32-yard kickoff return:

Jurgensen to Moses Denson for six yards.

Jurgensen to Jerry Smith for 10.

Jurgensen to Charley Taylor for four

Jurgensen to Taylor for 18

Jurgensen to Jefferson for 16

From the Miami six, Jurgensen pass intended for Larry Smith incomplete

Jurgensen to L. Smith for six yards and a touchdown with 16 seconds left on the clock.

Wow.

Larry Smith was tackled by linebacker Doug Swift, a clear infraction that went unflagged, on the incompletion prior to the touchdown. Jurgensen called for the same pattern, a slant, and this time Smith caught the ball over the middle and battled his way through linebackers Swift and Nick Buoniconti to inch the ball over the goal

:notworthy:

Ponytail

I'm taking the oldest boy to his first NFL game (albeit pre season) next week. He claims to be a Ravens fan now, but he's young and doesn't know better yet.:lol:

How old is the boy? I have a pretty good pic of a classic car painted in a Ravens theme with two somkin female models in bikini's posing next to it. I just snapped the pic last Sundau while at a car show at Chesapeake Harley.

Ponytail

I hate Philly but I've always liked McNabb...he seems to be a class guy. Who knows, we sure seem to eff up the good players we get.

I hopehe turns out to be more of a classy guy for you than he was for us. He smiles nice, but when the camera's are off and the kiddies want an autograph, not so much. Good luck with that.

T

toppick08

I see home cookin' is still in full force..:yay:......Go Bills !!!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm looking at the scores, skins are winning, are they playing well or does the other team just suck really bad?

Last edited: