Skins/ Texans

PsyOps

Pixelated
Might be time for me to switch my team to the Buccs, after all....

kidding.

I'm kind of liking the Jets with Mark Sanchez. The guy sure has an arm. My backup team is Green Bay: Huge Bart Starr and Brett Favre fan; which I guess that makes me a Vikes fan too.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup... because I know what we have to look forward to.

How can you enjoy watching your team blow a 17 point lead to lose?

I was wondering if you'd ask.

1. AH has been booted. No more cry babies.

2. They beat the Cowboys week 1

3. They rebounded from a weak offensive game and lit it up including a half with 250 yards of O and, what 20 some odd points.

4. They had 3 chances to win and put away a good team that was a winner last year, just blasted the Colts and is a playoff caliber team. Donavan takes a smidge off, it's a TD to Galloway, the blocked field goal and Ganno and the ot FG.

5. The d plays hard, makes plays.

6. The team isn't making very many mental mistakes, penalties, bad drops, etc.

There is an intensity, a sense of competence and, at the end of the day, 31 teams go home unhappy every year. So, it is sports entertainment. I enjoyed both games, very much. Snyder is a young guy. You either should get a new team to enjoy or start enjoying the one you have based on what they are doing; playing some pretty good, exciting football. They are 1-1 and maybe should have been 0-2 based on the end of last season. They could easy be 2-0

:buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Skins Secondary= epic fail.
Other than that it was refreshing seeing the burgundy and gold score some points and move the ball.

Good game even with the L. The D gets exposed and the O proves it can light up the board.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I was wondering if you'd ask.

1. AH has been booted. No more cry babies.

2. They beat the Cowboys week 1

3. They rebounded from a weak offensive game and lit it up including a half with 250 yards of O and, what 20 some odd points.

4. They had 3 chances to win and put away a good team that was a winner last year, just blasted the Colts and is a playoff caliber team. Donavan takes a smidge off, it's a TD to Galloway, the blocked field goal and Ganno and the ot FG.

5. The d plays hard, makes plays.

6. The team isn't making very many mental mistakes, penalties, bad drops, etc.

There is an intensity, a sense of competence and, at the end of the day, 31 teams go home unhappy every year. So, it is sports entertainment. I enjoyed both games, very much. Snyder is a young guy. You either should get a new team to enjoy or start enjoying the one you have based on what they are doing; playing some pretty good, exciting football. They are 1-1 and maybe should have been 0-2 based on the end of last season. They could easy be 2-0

:buddies:

You left out: "I'd piss on my cat if it gets us to the Superbowl." :lol:

I'll grant you they look more intense and hitting the field fired up.

They are still blowing opportunities to score TDs.

They fell flat in the second half; which is their notorious way of playing ball.

They have no running game and will not survive on passing only. With that McNabb is going to get hurt. (what was with Portis standing on the sidelines?)

McNabbs brings a lot of spark and leadership to the team but I'm afraid it's not going to be enough.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Got back from the game a few hours ago. Great game to attend. Very exciting to the end.

Watching the sidelines, plays at field level and the players reactions firsthand was telling. I didn't think we could turn around a 4-12 team in 10 short months. The Skins proved they're actually competitive. Sure, there are going to be mistakes here and there with a new offensive and defensive scheme but they're actually fun to watch again.

Watching the Texans firsthand, they're the real deal. It wouldn't surprise me to see them paste the Cowboys next week or win the AFC South outright.

BuddyLee

Football addict
This is a team that is still adjusting to new schemes on both sides of the ball, and need to continue to find players that fit each scheme. This is a multi year process, not a one year process. I saw a team, even though they lost, that improved. The Redskins still have a long way to go before they become a consistent winning organization and one game early in the season does not define the season.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is a team that is still adjusting to new schemes on both sides of the ball, and need to continue to find players that fit each scheme. This is a multi year process, not a one year process. I saw a team, even though they lost, that improved. The Redskins still have a long way to go before they become a consistent winning organization and one game early in the season does not define the season.

Because of an impatient and meddling owner this team has been adjusting for the past 10 years (perhaps with the exception of the Gibbs period).

You call a mulit-year process? I'll believe it when I see it. Two seasons of not winning and Shanahan is gone.

MrSnyder

Because of an impatient and meddling owner this team has been adjusting for the past 10 years (perhaps with the exception of the Gibbs period).

You call a mulit-year process? I'll believe it when I see it. Two seasons of not winning and Shanahan is gone.

:huggy:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
I just want to know one thing, last Monday most of the Skins fans I work with came in sportin their jerseys and running their mouths. Now today, I don't see one jersey and none of them are talking. Talk about fair weather fans!!! :killingme

BuddyLee

Football addict

Danny was a problem earlier but not so much now. He had a bigger impact during the Gibbs years than he does now. The most significant change is that Vinny is gone. However, his presence is still felt by his horrid draft picks and shady moves. His corpse is gone from the room but the stench is still there and it will take a few years to get rid of.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I just want to know one thing, last Monday most of the Skins fans I work with came in sportin their jerseys and running their mouths. Now today, I don't see one jersey and none of them are talking. Talk about fair weather fans!!! :killingme
Catch me in Fredericksburg with my Landry.:howdy:

RPMDAD

Danny was a problem earlier but not so much now. He had a bigger impact during the Gibbs years than he does now. The most significant change is that Vinny is gone. However, his presence is still felt by his horrid draft picks and shady moves. His corpse is gone from the room but the stench is still there and it will take a few years to get rid of.

I will be happy with an 8 and 8 season and that will be 50% better than they did last year. A step in the right direction. However they really could have helped me on this scenario if they had won yesterday. And i am not blaming the field goal kicker on this one in any way shape or form.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I will be happy with an 8 and 8 season and that will be 50% better than they did last year. A step in the right direction. However they really could have helped me on this scenario if they had won yesterday. And i am not blaming the field goal kicker on this one in any way shape or form.

I agree, winning would have been good but I am ok with the way they played; Doughty couldn't jump with Johnson, was behind him - bad position, should have double covered him on 4th and 10. oh well.........