Skins vs Dolts

Otter

Nothing to see here
Trust me, they were all trying...Anyone not trying won't have a job.

Depends on your context of trying...The Colts coaching staff has a long history of 'trying' to look at their players in pre-season, not 'trying' to win. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Looks like Manning may be placed on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks of the season. The Colts front office and coaching staff doesn't look so brilliant now, do they? What kind of record is Painter and Orlovsky going to be able to provide? It's not like they have a running game to fall back on.

The 'Skins need to get over this fear of the end zone they have, which is a carry over from last season. 9 times inside the 20 (2 games) and ONLY 32 points to show for it. If I were Helu, Hankerson or an O lineman, I'd be in the ear of my HC and OC telling them call a damned play to put the ball in hte end zone.

dave1959

Depends on your context of trying...The Colts coaching staff has a long history of 'trying' to look at their players in pre-season, not 'trying' to win. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

All teams do this...but every player on the field was trying his best.

dave1959

The year the colts won the superbowl, i believe they went 0-5 in the preseason. So winning in the preseason is not a big deal for them.

The Redskins did the same thing one year in the Gibbs era..But for someone to say that they were out there playing but not really trying is pretty stupid..imo

benscamaro

The Redskins did the same thing one year in the Gibbs era..But for someone to say that they were out there playing but not really trying is pretty stupid..imo

Never said they weren't trying...just not concerned with the scoreboard is all. That is not a stupid thing to say...imo.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Looks like Manning may be placed on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks of the season. The Colts front office and coaching staff doesn't look so brilliant now, do they? What kind of record is Painter and Orlovsky going to be able to provide? It's not like they have a running game to fall back on.

The 'Skins need to get over this fear of the end zone they have, which is a carry over from last season. 9 times inside the 20 (2 games) and ONLY 32 points to show for it. If I were Helu, Hankerson or an O lineman, I'd be in the ear of my HC and OC telling them call a damned play to put the ball in hte end zone.

While I agree to an extent, it's not as bad as it seems.

Read...

Redskins red zone woes not the 'same old story' - Rich Tandler's Real Redskins