Slowww forum loads

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not having any problems on here, but FB won't load and neither will several of the news sites I frequent. I assume it's my connection.

SamSpade

I've noticed MY primary computer - this one - has long pauses between actions. As in, I'll mouse over to another tab - and it might mean ten seconds or more before it acknowledges the mouse. It's exasperating - but I also have my work laptop right next to it. It ONLY has the software configuration my job allows - and it *NEVER* has this problem.

I have antivirus on my machine - so I am wondering if it's my own firewall.

SamSpade

I've noticed every day the forum loads slowly - usually mid day
My I've just noticed it here - because I am here. It's slow all the damned time, no matter where I go. And this is the most powerful computer I've ever used, here or anywhere.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've noticed every day the forum loads slowly - usually mid day
I've noticed that the forum slows wayyy down when I'm trying to do something really important like uploading a tasteless meme (I ask you..is there any other kind worth posting?) or a picture of gross Norwegian food. Probably some kinda filter David is using...

stgislander

PREMO Member
Gilligan must be uploading a tons of Norgy food pics. I see my life passing before my eyes waiting for a page to load.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
If you guys knew the crap I have to deal with every day to keep this running. The world is full of *******s just looking to exploit your data in whatever way possible.

I recently tracked the 'possible' issue to freaking ChiComm robots who refuse to obey the robots.txt rules. If they had not been so greedy and only slurped a few pages on occasion, it would not have been a problem. But, Noooooooo.

I was parsing the access log in real time looking for their signature, blocking IPS one-by-one. Seconds later they would respawn to a new IP. After a few hours of this, I finally limited them down to their 2 primary subnets (all the numbers were in the same range, before they were all over the place). I ended up blocking 2 major subnets from commie land.

Things seem better since then. If you see more problems, please message me directly, better yet, email me. You should be able to figure out my email address as it is very straightforward.

Now, I'm dealing with the ****tards at Twitter. I am going to start a new thread on that one.