Small Cell Lung Cancer

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Anyone know the first signs of this?

I have a friend that is having problems with fluid in lung(s) and abdomen. They pulled some off from the abdomen and found loose cancer cells. She is a breast cancer survivor (8+ yrs). She can’t keep anything down with out major anti-nausea meds. They have her on Lasik and have upped the dose a couple of times to pull more fluid off. She is not local, and is going back to her oncologist, but I fear for her. She is a great friend.

bcp

In My Opinion

I have a friend that is having problems with fluid in lung(s) and abdomen. They pulled some off from the abdomen and found loose cancer cells. She is a breast cancer survivor (8+ yrs). She can’t keep anything down with out major anti-nausea meds. They have her on Lasik and have upped the dose a couple of times to pull more fluid off. She is not local, and is going back to her oncologist, but I fear for her. She is a great friend.
Fluid in the abdomine would be a better indication of pancreatic cancer or liver cancer than it would be lung cancer.
of course, there are tons of other things that could cause it too that are not cancer related.

as far as the fluid in the lungs, that can be anywhere from a virus to Congestive Heart Failure

Note:
comments based on observations from those that actually had said issues.
I am not nor have I played a doctor in any form through any media.

doggieluver

Thoughts and prayers going out to your friend.
There is a lot of good info on the NCI site that may be of help in support of your friend. As with any illness though, the best info is that which comes from the patients physician/oncologist. Hope this helps a little.