Smashed mail boxes

grandpa said:
The mail box destroyers hit CRE last night. I saw about 30 (including mine)
that were damaged .
Are you sure the damage was from last night? :gossip: and I had a hard time keeping up with :gossip: as we tried to find our way out of CRE Saturday night...:shocking:

Ponytail

Hmmm...mine sits right on a corner with about 10 others, and none of those were hit as of this morning.

Mines in the middle of the bunch though, so somewhat protected.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry had a problem with mailbox smashing here at the greenhouse so he reinforced the inside of the box with cement. I keep saying I'm going to set up a surveillance camera for the next time some slugger comes through, because I'm sure that would give me great amusement. But I haven't done it yet. :frown:

vraiblonde said:
Larry had a problem with mailbox smashing here at the greenhouse so he reinforced the inside of the box with cement. I keep saying I'm going to set up a surveillance camera for the next time some slugger comes through, because I'm sure that would give me great amusement. But I haven't done it yet. :frown:
You wouldn't want that videotaped because when the sucker goes to sue you he could call that into evidence...:ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
You wouldn't want that videotaped because when the sucker goes to sue you he could call that into evidence...:ohwell:
HA! I suppose you think I'm one of those dummies that videotapes stuff and shows it to their friends so they can tattle? Well I'm NOT! This would be for my own private stash and no one need know except me.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Those goobers that smash or blow up mail boxes don't realize (or care :shrug:) that it is considered tampering with the mail and is a federal offense (I think they can be put away for up to 10 years plus a $10000 fine for each box). The fine alone would mommy and daddy tan their hides.

Just sink a hollow iron or steel pole alongside the mailbox that is about level with the top of the box, pour it full of concrete and paint it black....next time they come by at night, they wont see it and either break their bat on it or have it come back and hit their car, thatll teach em. :whistle:

We live in CRE as well. Several years ago I called the police because people were yelling outside and thought I heard gunfire. 2 marked cars and 2 unmarked cars came tearing down the road and stopped a few houses down from mine.

Come to find out a 30 something drunk was fighting with his girlfriend and he had beaten up our mailbox. The police officer came to our door and made the man pay us $40.00 for a $15.00 mailbox. He only had $20 on him so the girlfriend had to come back 2 days later and she gave us a check that bounced. She finally paid up though. Good thing .. I was going to call the police officer! :lol:

Toxick

Splat
grandpa said:
The mail box destroyers hit CRE last night. I saw about 30 (including mine)
that were damaged .

When you replace it, make sure the post goes clear through your mailbox. Also weld a T bar to the top of the inside of your mailbox which permanently attaches the mailbox to the post and to the topbar.

That way, the next time someone plays mailbox baseball, they'll get a little surprise - and probably a dislocated shoulder.