Smeco sent out a request…

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Please be advised that PJM Interconnection is asking consumers to reduce their use of electricity, if health permits, between the hours of 4 a.m. on December 24, 2022, and 10 a.m. on December 25, 2022. The call for conservation was prompted by continuing frigid weather.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So... turn off the tree lights? No Christmas breakfast? Open presents in the cold and dark?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yeah I think my neighbors next-door are going to have to let that one go.

their heat pump has been running it’s ass off since 4 o’clock this morning, and I’m sure it’s not performing well in their house. They certainly don’t want to cut back.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Yeah I think my neighbors next-door are going to have to let that one go.

their heat pump has been running it’s ass off since 4 o’clock this morning, and I’m sure it’s not performing well in their house. They certainly don’t want to cut back.
My heat pump has been getting a good workout too. Set to 68, and it is 63 on the main floor. Upstairs is 68.7.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My heat pump has been getting a good workout too. Set to 68, and it is 63 on the main floor. Upstairs is 68.7.
After living with one of those things for almost 10 years, I will never have another one that doesn’t have oil or propane back up.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
propane back up
I "upgraded" from oil to propane once. Good arguments at the time... lower cost, cleaner, no oil smell.... There was a tiny leak in the regulator that no one seemed to be able to find, and with the first turn on of the morning it would literally blow the doors off the furnace. And then the oil embargo hit and propane costs went thru the roof. That's when I invested in a vented kero heater for the first time. I'm kinda biased against propane heat.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank goodness for oil heat. I'm warm. And I would never give SMECO access to turn off my heat.
First thing I did when we got the house was to end participation in that remote monitoring program.
All they need to know is the meter reading.

As to the cut back message, Health concerns do not permit participation.