Smoking meats

SamSpade

But ......
I remember once as a kid, our family visited Landis Valley Farm Museum - and they were busy re-enacting everything from spinning wheels to baking bread in outdoor ovens. We were in a crowd of tourists, and there was this German woman behind us insulting and criticizing EVERYTHING - how dirty, how gauche and so forth.

When we got to the ovens, she commented how unsanitary it was, and my mom, having had enough, turned and shouted
"AT LEAST *WE* PUT *BREAD* IN THEM!".

I had no idea my mom had it in her.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

I literally just season and throw the meat in my electric cabinet smoker for 4 hours at 230 and let it go. Everything, with the exception of a chicken with skin, had been incredibly good. Chicken skin stays pale and rubbery, still working to master chicken. Skinless breasts turn out good in 2 hours.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I literally just season and throw the meat in my electric cabinet smoker for 4 hours at 230 and let it go. Everything, with the exception of a chicken with skin, had been incredibly good. Chicken skin stays pale and rubbery, still working to master chicken. Skinless breasts turn out good in 2 hours.
I crank up my gas grill as high as I can and drop the chicken skin side down for 30-45 secs.

Clem72

A Nazi Would Say!

I remember once as a kid, our family visited Landis Valley Farm Museum - and they were busy re-enacting everything from spinning wheels to baking bread in outdoor ovens. We were in a crowd of tourists, and there was this German woman behind us insulting and criticizing EVERYTHING - how dirty, how gauche and so forth.

When we got to the ovens, she commented how unsanitary it was, and my mom, having had enough, turned and shouted
"AT LEAST *WE* PUT *BREAD* IN THEM!".

I had no idea my mom had it in her.
About 2 seconds after I posted that I thought to delete it, then got distracted and forgot. Since you quoted it I guess it's permanent.

SamSpade

About 2 seconds after I posted that I thought to delete it, then got distracted and forgot. Since you quoted it I guess it's permanent.
We watched a movie with the girls (they're teenagers) and a girl about their age was sending underwear pics to her boyfriend and my wife told them - The Internet is permanent, girls - you send a pic to a friend, and it's halfway around the world and never goes away.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have not smoked meat in years but .... After I had the level of smoke needed I would cover with foil and put in the oven on low for about 2 or 3 hours. Generally that guaranteed it would be moist and tender.