SMTR Judged Ride Flyer Nov 9, 2008

Giddy up!

Anyone know about a tack shop in va that sells lots of saddles and stuff? or where is that place in huntingtown or thereabouts that has a lot of them? is that where you're talking about?

leonard (Gayler's Saddlery) is located at 6611, Upper marlboro on Dower house road he has about 1500 saddles in the store.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Anyone know about a tack shop in va that sells lots of saddles and stuff? or where is that place in huntingtown or thereabouts that has a lot of them? is that where you're talking about?

Champion Saddlery in Doswell - they take trade ins on saddle's
Bryants in Culpepper haven't made it there yet.
Crawford Saddlery in Ruckersville more towards the show rider

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Thanks to everyone that was able to make it. The judged ride is a tremendous amount of work but worth it when so many people have a great time. Congratulations Elliesmom, son and friend, and horsesrock93 ,
2baymares ..great job! (I hope I am not forgetting anyone else)

Special thanks to Percy & Tyring2ride for marking the trail and a great job Percy for scrambling at the end to get the food together:flowers:,

To Happyappygirl and husband for the wonderful job on the obstacles, registration and judging:flowers:....

To horselady and husband for devoting time to judge:flowers:.

Thanks Mingiz & Walkerman for riding....

and last but not least......... Paso........I wish you would of come there is always a bunch of us to ride with.. We missed you!!!!

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
and last but not least......... Paso........I wish you would of come there is always a bunch of us to ride with.. We missed you!!!!

Thanks for the kind words...I have just been stressed more lately..mom is sick and I really am torn with what to do with her..I have not taken her to the Dr yet..might not either..so we will see..Bill has regressed and is in TERRIBLE shape....Lost a goat ear...lost a cat (one of my sphynx) and then lost a dog..all in a week..so... :frown: and lost Giddy too she is leaving me...And I hate winter time...

ps just did not feel like riding up there by myself..remember when I was truck jacked a year or so ago on the way to that ride??

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Thanks for the kind words...I have just been stressed more lately..mom is sick and I really am torn with what to do with her..I have not taken her to the Dr yet..might not either..so we will see..Bill has regressed and is in TERRIBLE shape....Lost a goat ear...lost a cat (one of my sphynx) and then lost a dog..all in a week..so... :frown: and lost Giddy too she is leaving me...And I hate winter time...

ps just did not feel like riding up there by myself..remember when I was truck jacked a year or so ago on the way to that ride??

Sorry for all that you have been going through. Especially the situation with your Mom and Bill...my heart goes out to you! Keep your chin up better days are just around the corner. I also hate winter so I feel your pain, but good news is that Spring will be here before we know it. I wish I would of saw your post on Saturday because there were some folks from Hollywood that I am sure would of shared the ride. And yes I do remember your truck jacking:yikes:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Sorry for all that you have been going through. Especially the situation with your Mom and Bill...my heart goes out to you! Keep your chin up better days are just around the corner. I also hate winter so I feel your pain, but good news is that Spring will be here before we know it. I wish I would of saw your post on Saturday because there were some folks from Hollywood that I am sure would of shared the ride. And yes I do remember your truck jacking:yikes:

Rottoncop was so disappointed that he untruck jacked himself before the ride..I called him and told him I was bringing him someone in the back of my truck that was not invited..I pulled that corner to see Rottoncop in the road WAITING for me..made me feel good..he was sorry to hear the sucker jumped out before I got him to him..but I tell you he made me feel safe on the phone I really think he was going to enjoy removing this fella from my vehicle.. :huggy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
yeah we had a good laugh about that again this year, :lol:
sorry. had to say it. i didn't ride cause i was a judge then had to go get food. :yum: thank goodness for bojangles. :biggrin:
But one great thing came out of the ride....RC finally rode Stridor, and decided we're keeping him! He'll be my ride until my Darling Darla is ready to start, next fall, and I'll pony her from him. YIPEE!
So he's officially out of the sale barn now. :yay:

mingiz

Horse Poor

I told you that you could of hooked up with me and Herb and followed...You missed a good ride. Herb, Dottie and me had the woods all to ourselves all day..trails up there were better than I remembered...Been awhile since I had been up there..

2baymares

Thanks to everyone that was able to make it. The judged ride is a tremendous amount of work but worth it when so many people have a great time. Congratulations Elliesmom, son and friend, and horsesrock93 ,
2baymares ..great job! (I hope I am not forgetting anyone else)

Special thanks to Percy & Tyring2ride for marking the trail and a great job Percy for scrambling at the end to get the food together:flowers:,

To Happyappygirl and husband for the wonderful job on the obstacles, registration and judging:flowers:....

To horselady and husband for devoting time to judge:flowers:.

Thanks Mingiz & Walkerman for riding....

:diva:

Great Ride! Great Obstacles!

By the way, How is the injured rider?? and what exactly happened to him\her? and was there more than one downed rider....I saw 2 ambulances go past??

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:diva:

Great Ride! Great Obstacles!

By the way, How is the injured rider?? and what exactly happened to him\her? and was there more than one downed rider....I saw 2 ambulances go past??

If was a him, just 1 rider, and he is still in the hospital. He was close to the end where you go over the bridges and then come back to the trailers. He was riding with the reins down on the horses neck and got the map out to look at it and the horse went into a small buck and he fell off. I have spoken to his girl friend quiet a few times and hopefully he will get out soon. Thanks for asking.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Well hope he is OK..:popcorn: Kinda funny though horse had him set up..Oh my rider isn't paying attention, hmmm let me see if I can get it...:killingme Every time you take your eyes off of them they surprise ya...:whistle:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Every time you take your eyes off of them they surprise ya...:whistle:

His girl friend said that the horse had always been pretty laid back so he was not expecting anything to happen just riding along...unlike your horse who always has you on your toes. (They had just seen me a few minutes before his accident) I was adding another marking ribbon and she was having a full blown temper tantrum.:tantrum. I definetly would not think of dropping my reins :killingme she would take it as full speed ahead. yeha!

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
His girl friend said that the horse had always been pretty laid back so he was not expecting anything to happen just riding along...unlike your horse who always has you on your toes. (They had just seen me a few minutes before his accident) I was adding another marking ribbon and she was having a full blown temper tantrum.:tantrum. I definetly would not think of dropping my reins :killingme she would take it as full speed ahead. yeha!

Yea JR does keep me on my toes. Thank god he has never bucked. just the plant and refusal. But good Ole Shiloh has pulled that act before...Those exit stage lefts just kill ya....:killingme

Trying2Ride

Thank you Percy and MGH for letting me tag along for the marking. I had fun. Sorry I missed the ride but it was worth it to FINALLY get my husband on a horse - he said he'd do it again!! :)