Snake ID

In your head
Corn Snakes (Itsbobius Guttata Guttata) are a member of the large family of snakes called Colubridae. Colubridae includes species such as bulls, pines, garters, kings and others. The first part of their Latin name is called their genus. Corn snakes share their genus with close relatives such as fox snakes and rat snakes.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
cattitude said:
:poorbaby: Maybe you need to go back to work. :peace:
It wasn't a self-reference. :whistle:

As for the corn snake, looking at pics, I don't think that's what it was. Those have a clear pattern, which this did not (at least, not one that was visible from 4 feet away). It kind of looked like the Northern Ringneck Snake, though I doubt it was this type of snake, as I didn't notice any band/ring around it's head.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
It wasn't a self-reference. :whistle:

As for the corn snake, looking at pics, I don't think that's what it was. Those have a clear pattern, which this did not (at least, not one that was visible from 4 feet away). It kind of looked like the Northern Ringneck Snake, though I doubt it was this type of snake, as I didn't notice any band/ring around it's head.
The band disappears when it's about to attack. :yikes: You got away just in time!

C

CapsFan

I pulled a snake out of the pool yesterday, don't care what kind it was. It met the business end of a shovel.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
CapsFan said:
I pulled a snake out of the pool yesterday, don't care what kind it was. It met the business end of a shovel.
:yikes: That'd freak me out about owning a pool! Whatever this one was, it seems to have slithered off. I found a cool site though that lets you enter info about the snake to help ID it. Unfortunately, due to my scaredy-cat self having frozen up when I saw it, I don't recall enough about it to really make a determination. But it doesn't appear to have been anything poisonous. :yay:

I believe from the description it is a redbelly water snake..... look anything like this?

http://fwie.fw.vt.edu/VHS/Redbelly%20Water%20Snake%20%20(Nerodia%20erythrogaster%20erythrogaster)002.jpg

just copy and paste I guess....