Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Allergy Shots

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Tough it out

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nomoney

I dont go through the coughing/ sneezing like my son; but dayum if my eyes and head doesn't hurt from 10am until I fall asleep at night. I haven't found a good mix that won't knock me on my butt yet.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
It seemed to me that my mom used to complain of being allergic to just about everything... Not enough to send her into anaphylaxis... But enough to be a pain in the ass, consistently. I used to wonder how in the hell she could possibly be bothered by so many things... Maybe it's in her head, I thought... NOW look at me! She's laughing at me from Heaven (hahahahaha) - throwing extra pollen and sh!t at me! :biggrin: It's that whole apple/tree thing! :razz:

ocean733

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 897505" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>virgovictoria</TD><TD class=alt2>Allegra, Singulair and Nasonex or Flonase...

year round.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Year 'round for me too. For the most part, just blowing my nose constantly. Depending on the season it just gets worse at times.

My ex had asked the allergist if I was allergic to laundry. (a real comedian, he was.)

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
ocean733 said:
Year 'round for me too. For the most part, just blowing my nose constantly. Depending on the season it just gets worse at times.

My ex had asked the allergist if I was allergic to laundry. (a real comedian, he was.)

I am absolutely allergic to laundry, dishes and dusting... I am waiting to go into a tonic/clonic fit so that I can get a doctor's note and hope that insurance will pay for a housekeeper...

:whistle:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have my worst time with allergies at work. It could be because I am so close to the water but I do think the old nasty asbestos filled building I work in has allot to do with it. Sometimes when the heat or air is on the smell is just like mildew/funk. It usually clears up when I leave work but those 8 hours can be misery.

mixallagist

Be careful what u wish 4
Railroad said:
Good point! I hadn't thought about that.

The building i'm in was built by the same company that built Expedition, Exploration etc....
I think they all pretty much have the same problems.

morganj614

virgovictoria said:
It seemed to me that my mom used to complain of being allergic to just about everything... Not enough to send her into anaphylaxis... But enough to be a pain in the ass, consistently. I used to wonder how in the hell she could possibly be bothered by so many things... Maybe it's in her head, I thought... NOW look at me! She's laughing at me from Heaven (hahahahaha) - throwing extra pollen and sh!t at me! :biggrin: It's that whole apple/tree thing! :razz:
VV are you constipated? All day..poop, pooty, sh!t, poop smilies, ass...I sense something here... :lol: :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
One of the buildings in the Exploration complex has the same effect on a lady I occasionally work with. She literally clears up in minutes after getting out of the building. We think it's the carpet.
I work in one of the Exploration buildings, too. They replaced our carpet a couple of weeks ago. I had a headache from the fumes for a week. :twitch:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
I tried allergy shots and they didn't work. Most antihistamines put me right to sleep or completely wire me. I usually just suffer through for the couple of weeks when the pollen count gets really high. :shrug:

:yeahthat: except for when I was doing my shots the health insuance company said it was considered pre-existing so I'd have to pay the 50.00 a vial and after a few months it got too expensive - there's no way I could do it for 8 months until health insurance covered it at the time.

I have however found relief in Claritin D - 12 hours. I swear everything else the drs. give me is a placebo and maybe I'm one of those that are unknowningly participating in a suger test of sorts... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
For the last two years my allergies have not bothered me....

Do you all want to know how to get them to go away :confused:

Local Honey ! Thats right Local Honey it keep the local pollened in your system , so when spring comes around your system doesn't go into shock and you sneeze your fool head off.
It's as easy as putting it your Tea ,on toast or on your cereal.

The key is make sure it comes from around here...
Woods produce across from the Amish market is where I get mine..

It works kind of like I flu shot :angel:

morganj614

Ricky Racer said:
For the last two years my allergies have not bothered me....

Do you all want to know how to get them to go away :confused:

Local Honey ! Thats right Local Honey it keep the local pollened in your system , so when spring comes around your system doesn't go into shock and you sneeze your fool head off.
It's as easy as putting it your Tea ,on toast or on your cereal.

The key is make sure it comes from around here...
Woods produce across from the Amish market is where I get mine..
It works kind of like I flu shot :angel:

I have heard that about the local honey. Does it work for mold allergies? Is there anyone in the south Co. that sells local? Thanks for reminding of that but what is your honey dosage?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
mixallagist said:
The building i'm in was built by the same company that built Expedition, Exploration etc....
I think they all pretty much have the same problems.
I think you might be right, there. The old Veda building, and the newer one on the left of the pond in Exploration, didn't seem to bother the lady I worked with at all. But the building to the left of the old Veda building (across the parking lot) where SAIC is, tears her up. Both the old Veda building and the one to the left of the pond have been renovated/remodeled by a different contractor than the one who built them.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
jazz lady said:
I work in one of the Exploration buildings, too. They replaced our carpet a couple of weeks ago. I had a headache from the fumes for a week. :twitch:
It's been some years ago now, but I recall seeing a TV report on carpeting and the chemicals involved. Formaldehyde, ethylene glycol, and a few other substances that escape my memory were particularly noxious.

morganj614

Railroad said:
It's been some years ago now, but I recall seeing a TV report on carpeting and the chemicals involved. Formaldehyde, ethylene glycol, and a few other substances that escape my memory were particularly noxious.

I don't think eating local honey will help me out with those pollutants.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Railroad said:
I've seen reports like that. I'm allergic to quite a few chemicals and was glad I didn't have any reaction more serious than the headache. But who knows what inhaling all that crap does to your body. :twitch: :barf:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
jazz lady said:
I've seen reports like that. I'm allergic to quite a few chemicals and was glad I didn't have any reaction more serious than the headache. But who knows what inhaling all that crap does to your body. :twitch: :barf:
Yes indeedy, a valid concern, I think. My health has improved a lot since I left my job in Exploration.

Ricky Racer

Boyz under the hood
morganj614 said:
I have heard that about the local honey. Does it work for mold allergies? Is there anyone in the south Co. that sells local? Thanks for reminding of that but what is your honey dosage?
Unless Bees gather mold :confused:
I don't have a dosage I just eat it :razz: