Snickers Pulls Ad After Complaints

Toxick

Splat
rack'm said:
I can't believe it actually made it on TV......looked pretty nasty from the get go.

What could possibly be nasty about two chocolatey man-tongues slithering around each other, coated in a thick mixture of saliva and nougat?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Toxick said:
What could possibly be nasty about two chocolatey man-tongues slithering around each other, coated in a thick mixture of saliva and nougat?

I just threw up in my mouth.

rack'm

Jaded
Toxick said:

You must be the one that sent me unsigned Karma.....

Snickers Pulls Ad After... 02-07-2007 09:32 AM you kiss guys all the time, I don't see why it would be a problem for you fat boy

Yea, that's what I do.....:duh:

Toxick

Splat
rack'm said:
You must be the one that sent me unsigned Karma.....

I did not.

You can tell it wasn't me because
1) I was trying to be funny, not be an assclown.
2) I don't call people fat, even if they're fat - and I have no idea what you weigh.
3) I don't know, or care, who you kiss.
4) Even if tongue is involved

But it does make me think that it was you who sent me: Your picture in response to my post.

rack'm

Jaded
Toxick said:
I did not.

You can tell it wasn't me because
1) I was trying to be funny, not be an assclown.
2) I don't call people fat, even if they're fat - and I have no idea what you weigh.
3) I don't know, or care, who you kiss.
4) Even if tongue is involved

But it does make me think that it was you who sent me: Your picture in response to my post.

NO....

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I thought it was funny. :shrug: But then again, I also liked the Cirque du soleil act at the pre-game and Prince at half time. No accounting for people's preferences.

Besides, what if it had been two women eating a snickers bar? Would it have been pulled then?

Toxick

Splat
migtig said:
Besides, what if it had been two women eating a Smickers bar? Would it have been pulled then?

Only if they rubbed their exposed and/or chocolate-covered nipples together.

That would be, like, the best wardrobe malfunction EVAR!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
migtig said:
I thought it was funny. :shrug: But then again, I also liked the Cirque du soleil act at the pre-game and Prince at half time. No accounting for people's preferences.

Besides, what if it had been two women eating a snickers bar? Would it have been pulled then?

Exactly! If it had been two women, you would have seen that commercial 20 times...

I liked the pre-game show too, especially the cheerleading stunts. :yay:

rack'm

Jaded
migtig said:

The good ole double standard......:ohwell:

I would protest the commercial either way.....I don't want my son or daughter seeing two like sex people kissing.

LordStanley

I know nothing
The Human Rights Campaign and the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation complained

:bawl: those meanies are making fun of gay people. WHAAAAAA!!!! :bawl:

Grow some balls and keep running the add on the Basis of Free Speech.

Toxick

Splat
rack'm said:
I would protest the commercial either way.....I don't want my son or daughter seeing two like sex people kissing.

Well, they didn't really kiss. They just found themselves in an awkward kiss-like position.

And I think that the commercial's message is all about "manly-man" behavior and nothing about gay behavior. It's exactly like that scene in "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" - you remember the scene... "THOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!.... How about those bears!? Hellova game - HELLova game!"

In fact, macho-overcompensation in response to a near-homoerotic situation is often used as a humor device in every medium.

LordStanley

I know nothing
They should run a commercial of 2 gay guys, that did something too manly (hetero). Then they have to do something gay to redem themselves.

I bet the gay community wouldnt complain then.