Snow on Tuesday?

That's what the weather report is saying for SoMD.
The good news: a clipper from the west starting off as rain for us which means fast moving and not a lot of accumulation. The bad news: (for St. Mary's) looks like the temps look like they are going to start their nosedive in time for rush hour. This means if the flash freeze happens when the roads are full, the trucks won't be able to get the salt out there to keep the roads wet and not icy. Rear wheel drive cars aren't much use in stop and go traffic on ice. Could be an interesting ride home tomorrow.

Edited to add Charles County expects to be at/near freezing starting before noon.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I filled my gas tank this afternoon so I don't have to stop on any of these upcoming freezing days.

stgislander

PREMO Member
This morning, TWC was calling for snow in Leonardtown on Friday which looks more promising than tonight's little nuisance.

1stGenSMIB

I filled my gas tank this afternoon so I don't have to stop on any of these upcoming freezing days.

+2.
My old crappy 1991 Civic project car (currently not running :( ) with big old school 70 series tires was a great snow car. My newer car with 45's, not so much.