Snyder is not the worst owner in the NFL

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Wayne Weaver takes the cake...

Weaver: “Pretty apparent” Del Rio can’t survive another non-playoff year | ProFootballTalk

“I had to reflect and say am I better off to blow this thing up and start over again with the coaching staff?” Weaver said via Tania Ganguli of the Florida Times-Union.

Yes, yes you are. The Jags did the same thing they did last season, start off strong and blow it in the end.

The Jaguars owner talked to players Monday. One that he respects told him that changing coaches would set the team back. Weaver listened. The biggest change: Weaver told Jack Del Rio to ease off his defensive responsibilities to focus more on being a head coach.

“Mel Tucker will assume role as defensive coordinator according to Weaver,” the team’s website tweeted.

Tucker’s official title since 2009: Defensive coordinator.

:confused:

“I believe that we can win with David [Garrard],” Weaver said. “He has to continue to do the things that we asked of him.”

Did you watch the Washington game, Mr. Weaver?

One thing is clear: Del Rio remains on a hot seat. Weaver admitted is “pretty apparent” the team will make a coaching change if they don’t make the playoffs next season.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Beta84

They're out to get us
The Jags need more talent before they can begin to blame their coaching staff. The Jags were pegged to be one of the worst teams in the league. Also, it didn't help that their QB missed a handful of games.

DipStick

The Jags need more talent before they can begin to blame their coaching staff. The Jags were pegged to be one of the worst teams in the league. Also, it didn't help that their QB missed a handful of games.

They have the talent. The missing link is a consistent QB. Garrard is good but not great.

Beta84

They're out to get us
They have the talent. The missing link is a consistent QB. Garrard is good but not great.

The only people that think they have the talent are Jags fans. All of those projections from analysts that are typically based on team talent say otherwise. Other than MJD you have a bunch of decent players, but nobody special. Lewis had a solid season, but he isn't exactly anything to brag about. Mathis is pretty good too. That pretty much ends the names worth mentioning.

DipStick

The only people that think they have the talent are Jags fans. All of those projections from analysts that are typically based on team talent say otherwise. Other than MJD you have a bunch of decent players, but nobody special. Lewis had a solid season, but he isn't exactly anything to brag about. Mathis is pretty good too. That pretty much ends the names worth mentioning.

Mike Thomas is waaaay underrated.

Zguy28

Nobody is as bad as Al Davis. But Snyder is close. He doesn't really care about winning, just dangling the carrot to keep putting butts in the seats.

thatguy

Nobody is as bad as Al Davis. But Snyder is close. He doesn't really care about winning, just dangling the carrot to keep putting butts in the seats.

again with the "butts in the seats"....

you guys do understand that there is a waiting list 6 years long for season tickets, right?

I mean i would probably agree with you if you said snyder was all about marketing and jersey sales, but the butts have been, and will most likely continue to be, firmly in the seats.

Zguy28

again with the "butts in the seats"....

you guys do understand that there is a waiting list 6 years long for season tickets, right?

I mean i would probably agree with you if you said snyder was all about marketing and jersey sales, but the butts have been, and will most likely continue to be, firmly in the seats.
You know they only count red seats when they talk about waiting lists, right?

Yellow club seats are empty on a regular basis, but those mysteriously don't count towards sell-out or waiting list numbers.

DipStick

Had him on my fantasy team. He's a decent WR. :shrug:

He had a starring role in my favorite Jaguars play of all time (Gus Johnson commentary = epic).

"OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... UNBELIEVABLE! MIKE THOMAS! TOUCHDOWN JAGS! BALLGAME! 50 YARDS!!!"

Beta84

They're out to get us
He had a starring role in my favorite Jaguars play of all time (Gus Johnson commentary = epic).

"OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... UNBELIEVABLE! MIKE THOMAS! TOUCHDOWN JAGS! BALLGAME! 50 YARDS!!!"

and Marshawn Lynch just had arguably the most epic playoff TD run in NFL history. Doesn't make him a noteworthy player :lmao: