Snyder Just called

Beta84

They're out to get us
Are you guys really going to Draft Cam Newton?

Somebody is going to draft Cam Newton. And whichever team it is, they're going to regret it. I've seen this kid play many times. Can you say overrated? :doh:

He's a lesser version of Tim Tebow without as much brain capacity and poorer work ethic. Tebow wasn't a top 10 pick. Newton isn't a first rounder, but he will be.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Newton is this years version of JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf, I hope like hell the skins bypass

Beta84

They're out to get us
Newton is this years version of JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf, I hope like hell the skins bypass
:dingding:

I don't think Newton was anywhere near the college quarterback those two were in terms of passing.

:shrug:

I don't recall Russell being very prolific in college passing. In fact, I always thought he sucked.

3100 yards his final season, 28 TDs and 8 INTs. QB rating 167.
2400 yards, 15 TD and 9 INT with a QB rating of 136 the season before.

Cam Newton went for 2850 yards, 30 TDs and 7 INTs. QB rating 182.

Pretty similar passing stats. Russell had a few fewer sacks but he wasn't a running QB like Newton.

I never understood how anyone thought Russell was a 1st round pick, let alone #1 overall. He was an average talent with no brain. Leaf, on the other hand, did a great job in college and him being a bust was just bad luck for the Chargers and was due to his attitude more than anything else.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:dingding:

I don't recall Russell being very prolific in college passing. In fact, I always thought he sucked.

3100 yards his final season, 28 TDs and 8 INTs. QB rating 167.
2400 yards, 15 TD and 9 INT with a QB rating of 136 the season before.

Cam Newton went for 2850 yards, 30 TDs and 7 INTs. QB rating 182.

Pretty similar passing stats. Russell had a few fewer sacks but he wasn't a running QB like Newton.

I never understood how anyone thought Russell was a 1st round pick, let alone #1 overall. He was an average talent with no brain. Leaf, on the other hand, did a great job in college and him being a bust was just bad luck for the Chargers and was due to his attitude more than anything else.

Those are stunning stats. However, I was not impressed, at all, with his game against Oregon.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Those are stunning stats. However, I was not impressed, at all, with his game against Oregon.

The TD/INT ratio was good (tough to throw INTs when your WRs are wide open and you have 8 guys in the box) and he had a good rating, but 2800 yards passing is pretty average. I have never been impressed with him as a quarterback. He does a good job but I guess after watching Tebow and then watching a poor man's Tebow in Newton, you're bound to be disappointed. I used to watch Newton when he was Tebow's backup. He really sucked, he didn't care, he got in trouble, he got booted for academics and theft, and he's just not worth the trouble. He'll get a payday and probably crap out like Russell.