So, after watching Instapot and Air Fryer fad for the last year plus...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I pulled the trigger and bought an air fryer.

Should get here tomorrow or Monday.

Any recommendations on whats best to try first?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My daughter has this one and loves it. I've almost decided to switch out my toaster oven for one.

DaSDGuy

With a grill plate insert, just about anything. Chicken, pork chops, steaks, burgers, you get the idea.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We use the air fryer every single day, no lie.

Today I used it to heat up a tomato basil tortilla and melt the Swiss for a turkey and bacon wrap. I use it frequently to fry up tots and fish sticks. Heating up leftover pizza - as Kwilly said, it's the only way.

I have cooked a steak in it, and it turned out great, but it spattered all over the inside and ticked me off. So I don't do that anymore.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We use the air fryer every single day, no lie.

Today I used it to heat up a tomato basil tortilla and melt the Swiss for a turkey and bacon wrap. I use it frequently to fry up tots and fish sticks. Heating up leftover pizza - as Kwilly said, it's the only way.

I have cooked a steak in it, and it turned out great, but it spattered all over the inside and ticked me off. So I don't do that anymore.
I don't see me trying the grill feature for a steak. Chicken maybe.

I'll fire up my outdoor grill and weather the cold for a steak.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Buy some McDonalds French fries. Let them sit in fridge for a day. Run em through the air fryer. Just like fresh served.

SamSpade

I pulled the trigger and bought an air fryer.

Should get here tomorrow or Monday.

Any recommendations on whats best to try first?

Pretty much EVERYTHING, although by trial and error - some things work better than others.

Initially it was anything out of the freezer that we would normally fry or cook in a way to get it crispy. Fries, tater tots, chicken patties, that sort of thing. Warm up food that needs re-heating - the other day I put in fried chicken from the day before.

My wife uses it for asparagus - she normally bakes them, but air-frying works best if the spears aren't too thin. I tried it with bacon once, but the mess was a bit much. Ditto batter-fried chicken - the mess was more than I wanted.

Experiment by all means - chances are very good you'll find something no one else here has thought of. We have two (one we inherited) but bought a Power XL also because it is VERY easy to use.

Grumpy

It was delivered early today so I got to use it with dinner. Pork Egg Rolls.
I imagine those would turn out great in an air fryer. We've done chicken, pork chops, fries, biscuits, veggies, cookies..all of them turn out great. The microwave pizzas are 10 times better in an air fryer, too.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
It allowed me to expand things a bit since I had Stir Fry, Fried Rice and Chow Mein all going on the stove and an Apple Pie in the oven. Someone decided they had to have egg rolls so out of the box it came. :lol: