So annoyed with the Caps!!

craptastic

OK Rangers are not a very good hockey team and the Caps get destroyed by them! What is going on?

Just another typical bi-polar game by the Caps :tantrum They don't know what the heck they are doing but I bet GM won't be trade-shy after last night. Looking for them to pick up a solid center and D-man.

Peter Forsberg

Just another typical bi-polar game by the Caps :tantrum They don't know what the heck they are doing but I bet GM won't be trade-shy after last night. Looking for them to pick up a solid center and D-man.
I watch all the talent they have and scratch my head when you a team like the Rangers shut them out.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Wow!!!!!

Id say maybe you'll get a win out of the islanders tonight, but they've been playing good hockey. So who knows.

OldHillcrestGuy

Wow!!!!!

Id say maybe you'll get a win out of the islanders tonight, but they've been playing good hockey. So who knows.

I wouldnt count on that, after 2 periods, Caps stinking up the place, I cant see Caps advancing anywhere in the playoffs, heck playing like they are they may not make playoffs. Whoppee they just tied up the game.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Caps acquire defender Dennis Wideman from Florida for a 3rd rounder.

They also trade David Steckel for the center Jason Arnott from New Jersey. They gave up a 2nd rounder as well. Paid slightly too much on this one but we were getting competition from Pittsburgh as well. Plus we get rid of Steckel's cap hit.

They also picked up Marco Sturm off waivers from the Kings.

Overall a good weekend.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Caps acquire defender Dennis Wideman from Florida for a 3rd rounder.

They also trade David Steckel for the center Jason Arnott from New Jersey. They gave up a 2nd rounder as well. Paid slightly too much on this one but we were getting competition from Pittsburgh as well. Plus we get rid of Steckel's cap hit.

They also picked up Marco Sturm off waivers from the Kings.

Overall a good weekend.

Both these trades were good for the Caps, especially the Wideman trade, got very good player and only had to give a 3rd round pick. The other trade looks like they just picked him up for the playoff run, he's proably a free agent after the season and he has age on him 36. But also has experience. I wouldnt think Steckel makes all that much, shouldnt have been too much of a savings. They are going to miss Steckel on faceoffs as he the number 1 faceoff man in the league.