So... Beggars Can Be Choosers... If They're a Democrat

B

Bruzilla

http://www.washtimes.com/upi/20050913-084248-8471r.htm

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin says the hurricane-devastated city is bankrupt and is scrambling for loans to pay its employees through the end of the year.
"Technically today we're out of cash," Nagin told reporters in Baton Rouge. "The city is bankrupt ... We have no money."

However, Nagin was emphatic state and federal officials would not railroad through city reconstruction until it had passed city muster.
"I don't want anybody outside of New Orleans planning nothing as it relates to how we're going to rebuild this city without us signing off on it," Nagin said.

That's some nerve

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
"I don't want anybody outside of New Orleans planning nothing as it relates to how we're going to rebuild this city without us signing off on it," Nagin said.
I had to check that and make sure it was a direct quote and not you paraphrasing.

No wonder NO is in such trouble with this illiterate as their mayor.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
I had to check that and make sure it was a direct quote and not you paraphrasing.

:shrug: At least he's not a convicted crack head

I believe this relates to the awarding of contracts. The man has to protect his kickbacks

Last edited:
B

Bruzilla

I would love to hear Bush say that "Since I've accepted responsibility for what happened in New Orleans, and since I'm the one who's going to have to get the money to rebuild the place, I guess I get to pick what it looks like and I aim to make New Orleans the Crawford, Texas of the East.

"Yippee-ky-eee Mother Fluckers!"

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Bruzilla said:
http://www.washtimes.com/upi/20050913-084248-8471r.htm

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin says the hurricane-devastated city is bankrupt and is scrambling for loans to pay its employees through the end of the year.
"Technically today we're out of cash," Nagin told reporters in Baton Rouge. "The city is bankrupt ... We have no money."

However, Nagin was emphatic state and federal officials would not railroad through city reconstruction until it had passed city muster.

That's some nerve

Out of cash after only 2 weeks of no revenue collection. It sounds like they were hardly fiscally sound if that is the case. I bet they haven't really sent most of the normal payments they would have in the past two weeks either.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Bruzilla said:
I would love to hear Bush say that "Since I've accepted responsibility for what happened in New Orleans, and since I'm the one who's going to have to get the money to rebuild the place, I guess I get to pick what it looks like and I aim to make New Orleans the Crawford, Texas of the East.

"Yippee-ky-eee Mother Fluckers!"

:lmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Bruzilla said:

That's some nerve

Sounds to me like this mayor who insists on calling a spade a spade hasn't forgotten the language of entitlement. "Gimme, gimme, gimme. Hey, I don't want that flavor, color, size (name your adjective)."

MMDad

Lem Putt
vraiblonde said:

Actually the double negative makes sense. He wants the feds to make the decisions. If NO made their own decisions, they would no longer be able to blame the feds.

By using the double negative, he ensures that he can placate the illiterates who talk like that when they ask why he didn't stand up, as well as the literates who can actually understand what he said.

It's like the Stones song. If you pay attention to the double negative the song is "I can get satisfaction". Maybe Nagin learned one from Big Lips?