So do you think we will get some?

I am looking for about 3 inches, all of our bigger storms come out of the south and hit the cold weather. This one is a Clipper, we don't usually get really big snows that way.
Even if it is just 3 inches of accumulation the timing is what sucks for us. The smow will start around the morning commute and blow about in the gust and frigid winds all day right on through the evening commute. Roads will stay slick because the winds will keep blowing the smow onto the roads that had just been hit by the salt/plow trucks and stay slick. Folks keep forgetting is is not accumulation that does us in but rather icy conditions.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I wonder if the government will shut down? Oh, that's right they only shutdown for rain. :killingme

hotcoffee

I am looking for about 3 inches, all of our bigger storms come out of the south and hit the cold weather. This one is a Clipper, we don't usually get really big snows that way.

Yeah... I'd agree normally but.... this clipper looks like it's going to dip south of us and go off the coast between Virginia Beach and Nags Head.... then move up the coast.... that makes the clipper a small Noreaster.... and that means smow for Southern Maryland.... usually....

:coffee:

OldHillcrestGuy

Yeah... I'd agree normally but.... this clipper looks like it's going to dip south of us and go off the coast between Virginia Beach and Nags Head.... then move up the coast.... that makes the clipper a small Noreaster.... and that means smow for Southern Maryland.... usually....

Yes to what your saying , this is not just a clipper, there is a storming forming of the NC coast thats going to move north along the coast to New England, dumping snow the whole way.
Also no clipper when Indiana gets 10 inches of snow. :buddies:

hotcoffee

Channel 7 just said 7" of snow for Southern Maryland..... So....

Here we go....
Do you have your sled and snow shovel out of the shed yet?
Do you have the rock salt where you can get to it?
Hows the paper situation in your house....

Is there still bread, milk, beer, wine, coffee, tea, baby food.... etc in the house?

Get ready.... it's gonna snow!

belvak

Happy Camper

Here we go....

Is there still bread, milk, beer, wine, coffee, tea, baby food.... etc in the house?

In my best Spongebob voice -- I'm ready! I'm ready! ! I'm ready, ready, ready, ready! I'm ready!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I knew we would be getting the big snowstorm this winter and all I can do is watch it. Just had back surgery 4 weeks ago so I cant go out and shovel it or crank up the snowblower. :shrug:

Please let us know if you need help with anything.
We are here to help.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Yeah I decided to put the generator on charge for a bit even though I ran it about a week ago.

I still need to get the generator hooked up to back feed.
We still currently have to run extension cords through out the house.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Everything I'm seeing here, local news is even talking about it, the totals are anywhere between 4 and 10 inches of snow for the Southern Maryland area, more depending where you are. I want to take a road trip up there but my daughter is doing mid terms and has to be here.

Let the panic start.

OldHillcrestGuy

Please let us know if you need help with anything.
We are here to help.

Well thanks DoWhat, but I do have help, wifes been a big help getting pellets into the house for the stove and my son's coming by to start the snowblower and generator later today. We had them both going back in late November. Went earlier and got gas in the can for both.

Even took care of the birds, went to So. States and stocked up on suet cakes and loaded the bird feeder with feed.

I am ready.:buddies:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

Here we go....

No, do not own a snow shovel, but have a tube for sledding.
Yes, on the front porch.
Paper should be good. Will grab an extra pack from work just in case.
Yes, yes, yes to bread, milk, wine. No beer but plenty of liquor.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I just returned from running errands including Giant (for the PNC bank that is open inside). OMG. What a madhouse! They had almost every cashier station open and I saw one family that bought 7 cases of water! I realize it is a holiday and many people are off of work. The stores have to loving this!