So...gun ban

Starman

You keep forgetting that we have elections. Let the government try to take 75% of our income and see how long they survive it politically. The government, under the law, could confiscate 75% or even 99% of our income, and the people will reject this by voting those people out.

What we're really talking about is tyranny; where a form of dictatorship, protected by a military, having the ability to strip every American of their rights. The constitution, and oaths our politicians and military take is our protection to keeping those rights intact. We have not experienced such a thing in this country - unless you want to go back to the days of slavery in a further failed attempt to support you argument.

I understand your position. We both understand how things are *supposed* to be.

I am just saying that based on our track record, these things we believe are "rights" are in fact treated more like privileges. Convicted felons don't have the right to legally own a firearm. That just took enough supplicant voters to support politicians who would pass a law that is a proscription on felon gun ownership. I'll point out there are plenty of felonies you can be charged with/commit that don't involve violence, so there's no reason as far as public safety goes to forbid a felon to own a gun. Yet we do it, and it's a forgone conclusion that it's the right thing to do.

You're fine with this because it matches with your value set. I'll call you neither a villain nor a fool for believing what you want to believe, but I do hope you understand the more you support forbidding guns for different reasons, the less moral ground you have to stand on when enough voters send lawmakers your way to take your guns. Doesn't matter what the reason is. You're saying that as long as enough voters believe this or that type of person cannot legally own a gun, then it's valid.

That is all that I'm saying. We either believe that a free man can own a gun or we sic the tyranny of the majority vote on who can and cannot.

hitchicken

What a remarkably stupid idea. "If the gun commits a robbery,..." Guns don't commit robberies, criminals do. Take your screed and replace "gun" with "car" and see how much sense that makes.
Idiot.

What I meant to say was "if the owner's gun was used in commission of a robbery..." but anyone with common sense would have known what I meant. As far as 'car' and 'gun' go, cars are used primarily for transport, guns for shooting. That's apples and oranges. No comparisum.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In Europe and Australia you must keep guns in a locked cabinet and police can check on threm once a year.

then explain Switzerland ...

I think gun manufacturers should also be held responsible.

are you retarded :shrug:

do you want to hold Automobile manufactures for Drunk Drivers .... Kenworth for Muslims that run over people with Trucks

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm simply looking at the reality. I'm not saying that firearm ownership *should* be a privilege. I'm saying that by virtue of the fact that the "right" to own firearms can be taken away, it *is* a privilege. The right to own firearms can be restricted ostensibly by "legal" ways, due process and all that. The right to own firearms can also be restricted by the stroke of a pen.

Yeah Unfortunately .... it may be a right, but give a politician have a chance, they will take it away

I understand your position. We both understand how things are *supposed* to be.

I am just saying that based on our track record, these things we believe are "rights" are in fact treated more like privileges.

That is all that I'm saying. We either believe that a free man can own a gun or we sic the tyranny of the majority vote on who can and cannot.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I still think mass shootings directly relate back to the Deininstitutionalization of mental patients starting in the 1950's. In 1955 over half a million severely mentally ill patients were hospitalized, in 1994 it was roughly 70,000. Jail, and homeless populations skyrocketed during this same time frame. The same percentage of the population is still ( insert your personal favorite politically correct word for crazy here), they are just warehoused in prison, or living on the streets. Many of them can legally buy any gun available.

:yay:

and the mass dispensing of Drugs for mental issues

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When a person buys a gun, they are forever linked and responsible for any criminal act committed with that gun Serial #, ownership info maintained in a secure digital database. They sell/give/gift it, they MUST update the database or remain responsible. If stolen, they must report it, but still maintain PARTIAL responsibility because they didn't secure it well enough.

If the gun commits a robbery, the linked owner (and thief) both serve jail time. If murder, the linked owner (and killer) both get lethal injection.

WTF .... where did this come from ?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
They make a Lower for Sappy and Tranny now!

IMG_1073.JPG