So how does that work?

Midnightrider

I went to third grade at a regular school, not a reform school so I had a different experience than you.

if you had paid attention you would know how games are played and that the refs call is the end all and be all.

keep on being baffled by everyday occurances. its a good look on you

Bonehead

Hey rump rider could you please learn about conjunctions and maybe check your drivel for spelling errors once in a while. TYVM.

Blister

The instant replay, call, no call, Genie is out of the bottle in all major sports now. Why is it legal to challenge a catch, fumble, or breaking the plane of the goal line, but an obvious, admitted, intentional pass interference is not? It won't matter, with a few more megamillion dollar CTE lawsuits football will cease to exist.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
if you had paid attention you would know how games are played and that the refs call is the end all and be all.

keep on being baffled by everyday occurances. its a good look on you

Except for Rule 17 -
Section 2
Extraordinarily Unfair Acts
COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY
Article 1
The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which he deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

At the time of the event the commissioner could have called for a correction to the obvious error. The one foul with no question was the helmet to helmet contact, the pass interference is somewhat questionable to me as I can't tell from watching the play and the many, many replays of it, if the ball had already gone beyond the receiver, which would be the only reason for the officials not to call it.

At this time I don't think it is reasonable to restart the game or replay it in its entirety or give the game to the Saints.

Midnightrider

Except for Rule 17 -

At the time of the event the commissioner could have called for a correction to the obvious error. The one foul with no question was the helmet to helmet contact, the pass interference is somewhat questionable to me as I can't tell from watching the play and the many, many replays of it, if the ball had already gone beyond the receiver, which would be the only reason for the officials not to call it.

At this time I don't think it is reasonable to restart the game or replay it in its entirety or give the game to the Saints.

yep, and if the commisioner chooses not to step in, he never has before, then the refs call is the be all and end all.

This really is gradeschool stuff. Life isn't fair and the authorities sometimes make mistakes.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
While it's true that NO most likely would have won the game after milking the clock down and then probably making a chip shot field goal, their defense still gave up the game-tying field goal. Then NO gets the ball first in OT and Brees throws an interception.

Sure, the missed pass interference possibly cost them the game, but they still had chances to win after that if the defense stops the Rams.

:yeahthat:

If you really want to know, this is the only post you need to read.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
That female line referee is getting heat.

She throws flags on plays that happened years ago.