So I ended up in the ER last night

M

Mousebaby

Had a BP of 166/115 and the BP meds I am taking are obviously not working. So now doc has me on lasix. Let the peeing begin! :cds:

Had a BP of 166/115 and the BP meds I am taking are obviously not working. So now doc has me on lasix. Let the peeing begin! :cds:

Fun, isn't it? I wound up there one day a few years ago with a BP of 200/100. Diovan now seems to do a real good job for me after trying a zillion different meds.

J

jaybeeztoo

I was there Thursday night and mine was 96/44. I don't really understand the BP readings but that was low.

M

Mousebaby

Fun, isn't it? I wound up there one day a few years ago with a BP of 200/100. Diovan now seems to do a real good job for me after trying a zillion different meds.

I feel like a friggen pincushion! They could not get a dang IV started and I got holes all over me! :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

I was there Thursday night and mine was 96/44. I don't really understand the BP readings but that was low.

I would rather have low than the pounding I had in my chest and head last night. I was scared out of my mind! I have never had a BP that high! I'm glad you're ok, did they say what could be causing it?

J

jaybeeztoo

I would rather have low than the pounding I had in my chest and head last night. I was scared out of my mind! I have never had a BP that high! I'm glad you're ok, did they say what could be causing it?

It might have been that my oxygen intake was so low due to bronchitis. I'm not sure. By the time I left, it went back up to near normal. My BP is normally good so I can only imagine it was the breathing problems.

I'm glad you're okay Mousebaby :huggy:

M

Mousebaby

OMG. You should have been passed out on the floor with low readings like that......

Yeah when they first put me on the BP meds the nurse took my readings and it was like 77/40 something and the nurse looked at me funny and asked me if I was feeling ok, and I said, I'm fine. :shrug: :lmao: They cut my dose in half. I was originally put on the BP med for my kidney because I only have one and it is supposed to regulate the blood flow through it. So I was on the lowest dose they had for years in Vasotek (sp?)

M

Mousebaby

It might have been that my oxygen intake was so low due to bronchitis. I'm not sure. By the time I left, it went back up to near normal. My BP is normally good so I can only imagine it was the breathing problems.

I'm glad you're okay Mousebaby :huggy:

Yeah I'm fine just a little freaked out, I knew hypertension ran in the family but had no idea it could just happen all the sudden like that! I stood up and didn't feel right and I thought to myself, I better take my blood pressure and it came up reading that and I almost fainted! :cds:

M

Mousebaby

I felt like it for a while. I'm okay now :yahoo:

Best thing to do if you smoke and you have bronchitis is to limit your smoking big time cause that kills the oxygen in your body. I know, had been there done that many times in the past. I quit 12 yrs. ago and have only had pneumonia once. So that is a pretty good track record. In fact I had bronchitis when I laid the cigs down and never went back!

J

jaybeeztoo

Best thing to do if you smoke and you have bronchitis is to limit your smoking big time cause that kills the oxygen in your body. I know, had been there done that many times in the past. I quit 12 yrs. ago and have only had pneumonia once. So that is a pretty good track record. In fact I had bronchitis when I laid the cigs down and never went back!

Yeah, I smoke, but I have seriously cut down since going to the ER. It has helped considerably. They also put me on Prednozone (sp?) and I still have my inhaler. I seem better if I don't smoke a lot and don't talk a lot or move around a lot. That being the case, I've decided to stay home alone today and sit on the couch. :lol:

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

A few weeks ago mine was 190/110 but it was caused by pain. They even sent me home with it like that (and percs and ultram..:lol:)

It's been around 110/74 lately.

M

Mousebaby

Yeah, I smoke, but I have seriously cut down since going to the ER. It has helped considerably. They also put me on Prednozone (sp?) and I still have my inhaler. I seem better if I don't smoke a lot and don't talk a lot or move around a lot. That being the case, I've decided to stay home alone today and sit on the couch. :lol:

You need to make yourself move around or your going to end up with Pneumonia! And make sure to cough that shiat up and spit it out! Cough HARD! It is very important. You need me to come take care of you?

M

Mousebaby

A few weeks ago mine was 190/110 but it was caused by pain. They even sent me home with it like that (and percs and ultram..:lol:)

It's been around 110/74 lately.

Yeah pain will definitely spike it up there! Yeah you should be feelin good right now! :cool: :lol:

J

jaybeeztoo

You need to make yourself move around or your going to end up with Pneumonia! And make sure to cough that shiat up and spit it out! Cough HARD! It is very important. You need me to come take care of you?

Well the Prednozone (sp?) is causing nervous energy so I keep getting up a cleaning a little while I'm up. I've been coughing, but it's dry. I'll be all right. You take care of yourself first!! Besides if you come over here, I'll sucker you into two kitties. :lmao:

morningbell

hmmmmmm

First I'm glad you're all feeling much better, please take care of yourselves, I like talking to, debating with, and seeing your opinion on the forums.

Second, what are you doing with BP that high (not you jaybeez) in the first place? Just curious, I don't want that. I want to say it hereditary, I do tend to stress a lot and it needs to put to a halt. I think I need more outdoor time, since school started I haven't been outdoor as much.

Third, I also have the ick right now. I took 2 days off of work, my sinus congestion seems to be moving to my chest now so I know how you feel jaybeeztoo. Hopefully you can stop smoking completely, I know its hard for some.

:huggy:

J

jaybeeztoo

First I'm glad you're all feeling much better, please take care of yourselves, I like talking to, debating with, and seeing your opinion on the forums.

Second, what are you doing with BP that high (not you jaybeez) in the first place? Just curious, I don't want that. I want to say it hereditary, I do tend to stress a lot and it needs to put to a halt. I think I need more outdoor time, since school started I haven't been outdoor as much.

Third, I also have the ick right now. I took 2 days off of work, my sinus congestion seems to be moving to my chest now so I know how you feel jaybeeztoo. Hopefully you can stop smoking completely, I know its hard for some.

:huggy:

I don't want to quit :tantrum BUT, I know I should. I think I will talk to my doctor about Chantrix the next time I see her. It sure would save some money. Harley smokes though, so shouldn't he quit too?