So much for Dallas week...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Elway was arrogant, the Mannings don't seem to be, but as for great, Eli still has a ways to go.

Elway, IMO, probably was one of the greatest QB of all time, he took alot of very average Denver teams far before they finally got a running game.
Admittedly I didn't get to see Elway much but I've never seen him as arrogant as Marino, Young, or Montana. All QB's seem to be drama queens so I can see what you're saying about Campbell.

He doesn't seem to be a drama queen. He's more mellow and probably more like Eli Manning in that nothing phases him, good or bad.:lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Admittedly I didn't get to see Elway much but I've never seen him as arrogant as Marino, Young, or Montana. All QB's seem to be drama queens so I can see what you're saying about Campbell.

He doesn't seem to be a drama queen. He's more mellow and probably more like Eli Manning in that nothing phases him, good or bad.:lol:

Agreed..When I worked at RFK, I talked to Marino for about 10 or so minutes bout 2 hours before he played the skins, he was a very nice guy, which surprised me since he was very large and in charge on the field. Perceptions are funny, you just never know. Wilbur Marshall, LB, for the skins, was a borderline cheapshot artist on the field, played hard all game. But, he was one of the most laid back and nicest guys off the field.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Jurgenson did something similar back in the mid 60s, those memories will last forever.

BuddyLee

Football addict
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports...9-26-0179.html

Click link for entire article

Judge Dallas by record in playoffs

Friday, Sep 26, 2008 - 12:07 AM

By PAUL WOODY
TIMES-DISPATCH COLUMNIST

When Jim Zorn looks at the Dallas Cowboys, he comes away impressed.

Too impressed, maybe.

"They do what they want," Zorn said.

They do what they want? Who are these Cowboys, the Pittsburgh Steelers of their Steel Curtain days?

Those Steelers won four Super Bowls in a six-year span. There was a team that did what it wanted.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

The 2008 Cowboys are good. No one disputes that. They're 3-0. They also gave up 37 points, at home, to the Philadelphia Eagles two weeks ago.

They do what they want?

It's understandable that Zorn would say that. Zorn is the coach of the Washington Redskins, and his team plays in Dallas on Sunday.

Zorn also is one of the most forthright, plain-talking coaches in the NFL. If he says the Cowboys do what they want, a piece of him buys that.

Zorn knows how the Cowboys have played this season. They overpowered Cleveland, outscored Philadelphia and used their running game and defense to beat Green Bay.

They do what they want.

Maybe.

The Cowboys had 13 players in the Pro Bowl last season, an impressive number. The Cowboys also lost their first-round playoff game, at home. That number of Pro Bowl players, which included two alternates, was excessive.

It did establish the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFC this season.

And as soon as the New England Patriots lost quarterback Tom Brady for the year, the Cowboys moved into the role of Super Bowl favorite.

Seems a little premature.

Before the Cowboys are anointed as the next big thing, they need to win a game when it counts. And the only thing that counts in Dallas, in the NFL for that matter, are playoff games.

The playoffs are months away.

"We're not even a quarter of the way through the season," Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said.

Phillips is the perfect regular-season coach for the Cowboys and an imperfect postseason coach for anybody. He's 0-4 in the playoffs.

But Phillips is unflappable no matter what is swirling around him. And in Dallas, something always is swirling around the Cowboys.

The Tony Romo-Jessica Simpson romance is constant fodder for the tabloids and celebrity magazines.

Terrell Owens might implode at any moment.

Adam Jones, the cornerback formerly known as Pacman, is a one-man crime spree waiting to happen. He was suspended from the NFL for the entire 2007 season.

Tank Johnson spent two months in jail in the spring of 2007 and served an eight-game NFL suspension during the 2007 season.

To Phillips, those players aren't problems. Well, Phillips isn't naive. He realizes Owens, Jones and Johnson have more than just carry-on baggage.

"The common denominator with those guys is that they are smart and work hard," Phillips said. "Those are the kind of guys I want on my team."

Those are the kind of guys who often think they can do whatever they want.

Ah. Maybe that's what Zorn meant.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Otter

Nothing to see here
Did you vote for Billy or Sonny?:lol:

History of the rivalry.

always Sonny..Sonny went the bad times with the Skins, he deserved better than he got..and it might have been a different story with Sonny in SB VII if Sonny hadn't tore his achilles tendon against the Giants earlier that year. Had no problem with Kilmer, but Sonny was better.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Do I remember...

always Sonny..Sonny went the bad times with the Skins, he deserved better than he got..and it might have been a different story with Sonny in SB VII if Sonny hadn't tore his achilles tendon against the Giants earlier that year. Had no problem with Kilmer, but Sonny was better.

...correctly? Sonny stepped right in a hole in the middle of the field, dropping back, at the Giants? I thought it was his knee?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was...

Ah, if only we could have the 05 game this Sunday.

YouTube - Skins are the Champs

Love seeing Taylor give that Dallas receiver alligator arms.:lmao:

...at that game with one of my girls, five rows off the field. I didn't see ANYONE sit down the entire game. It was non stop euphoria, truly awesome. The bomb to Santana was right in front of us. I thought the ball would never come down. Just amazing throw and catch; perfect.

There were a bunch of Cowboy fans raising hell with me and everyone else when we got there, fun stuff, 'this is OUR house!'. Somehow, they slipped away early in the third and didn't say good bye.

:lmao: