So my son fell at school...

M

missperky

Pandora said:
One of the guys I worked with was telling me that his wife (an ER nurse at the time) had a guy in the ER at that moment with a spider in his ear. We were all laughing and kidding around about this man with a spider in his ear.

Then a few days later, the pastor at my church walked up and he was telling me his schedule was all out of whack because he was stuck in the ER 2 days prior with a spider in his ear. :lmao:

He said he could hear it walking around and everything!

:twitch:

camily

Peace
Pandora said:
One of the guys I worked with was telling me that his wife (an ER nurse at the time) had a guy in the ER at that moment with a spider in his ear. We were all laughing and kidding around about this man with a spider in his ear.

Then a few days later, the pastor at my church walked up and he was telling me his schedule was all out of whack because he was stuck in the ER 2 days prior with a spider in his ear. :lmao:

:killingme

camily

Peace
missperky said:
Did it help?
Tremendously! She couldn't "latch on" real good because of it and coudn't keep her lips moist enough. She started talking VERY soon after the surgery and hasn't stopped since! :lol: She had to learn to eat again though, actually using her tongue was a whole new world for her.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Camily, you and yours will be alright.

My little sister had surgery to correct her ears last summer. To make a long story short, one ear didn't heal correctly and had to have an additional surgery to extract a granulist.

The next 4 months my mother had to hold down my sister with nursing assistance to help clean out a small slit in the back of her ear. She did this while my sister screamed bloody hell. My mother is one of the strongest people I've ever known but I could tell that it got to her, she merely didn't show it then.

A few months later and the ear is healed but my mother is not. She was diagnosed with anxiety after having a scary attack. She constantly worried about my sisters ear, even though it was obviously fine by this point. With family support and her personal religious belief, she's now doing much better.

If my mother and family can get through all that plus some other unmentionables, I know you can get through this one day.

camily

Peace
BuddyLee said:
Camily, you and yours will be alright.

My little sister had surgery to correct her ears last summer. To make a long story short, one ear didn't heal correctly and had to have an additional surgery to extract a granulist.

The next 4 months my mother had to hold down my sister with nursing assistance to help clean out a small slit in the back of her ear. She did this while my sister screamed bloody hell. My mother is one of the strongest people I've ever known but I could tell that it got to her, she merely didn't show it then.

A few months later and the ear is healed but my mother is not. She was diagnosed with anxiety after having a scary attack. She constantly worried about my sisters ear, even though it was obviously fine by this point. With family support and her personal religious belief, she's now doing much better.

If my mother and family can get through all that plus some other unmentionables, I know you can get through this one day.
:huggy: He slept great all night, I tossed and turned all night. I'm up and have to smoked hams cooking in a glaze already. This is their second shift. I baked them for two hours last night. :lol: Where's my friggin' coffee! Oh, it's done now. :coffee:

Pandora said:

Did the freakin's thing have boots on...:eyebrow:

Attachments

• spider.gif
    spider.gif
    2 KB · Views: 226

Pete

Repete
One time I was doing some heavy equipment work for my dad. I ate lunch on the site and took a short snooze under a tree and guess what? Yup, the backhoe was missing......it was in my ear. I could hear it running and everything.

Pete

Repete
So my son fell at schoo... 05-24-2007 09:10 AM That explains why your head is so big

7 1/4 is not that big. :lmao:

SoMDGirl42

When my son was about 12, it was a rule he had to wear his helmet when riding his bike. Sure enough, a spider climbed out of the helmet into his ear. My son is terrified of spiders. I finally managed to get it flushed out. IT WAS HUGH! Needless to say, he refused to wear the helmet, and a few months later ended up with an ambulance ride to SMH after knocking himself unconscious wrecking his bike. I asked which was worse, the concussion and all the road rash, or the spider. He said the spider!

Hope the little guy feels better soon.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
SoMDGirl42 said:
When my son was about 12, it was a rule he had to wear his helmet when riding his bike. Sure enough, a spider climbed out of the helmet into his ear. My son is terrified of spiders. I finally managed to get it flushed out. IT WAS HUGH! Needless to say, he refused to wear the helmet, and a few months later ended up with an ambulance ride to SMH after knocking himself unconscious wrecking his bike. I asked which was worse, the concussion and all the road rash, or the spider. He said the spider!

Hope the little guy feels better soon.

Hefner?

jenbengen

Watch it
Yikes! I had the numbing procedure done so they could poke a hole in my eardrum. Your son will be quite pleased with how great that numbing stuff works. He may not be pleased with how LOUD it all seems though as they make noise right on top of his eardrum, so you may want to prep him for that.

I hope it all gets resolved easily. You know, we expect an update to find out what exactly it was. Poor kid!