So, this happened...

Auntie Biache'

NatGeo was at our house for a few hours yesterday. I was at work, so missed it, but I think everyone else had a good time. They're doing a thing on veterinarians, and our vet came to our house, with a film crew of about 10 cars and 20 ppl. All just to have our chickens looked over by the vet. They're all in stellar health, except our one little fatty. Doc said not to worry-some chickens are just fatties. We're doing everything else right. So right, in fact, that he was surprised that we had all the right answers, and wanted to know how we knew so much about caring for chickens. The doc seemed very interested in all of our projects going on around the house, and liked our little piece of paradise.

Auntie Biache'

It is! Congrats on your famous chickens.
We'll see. They could end up on the cutting room floor. They're actually still here filming. We had Boomer in to see the vet a few days ago, and there was some kind of emergency. Hubs said the film crew came out of the woodwork, the doc said "sorry, got an emergency", and everyone disappeared into the back. The emergency: Woman and her cat were attacked by a dog. The woman brought her cat to the doc before taking herself to the ER. Womans face was shredded, kitty didn't make it. I suspect that incident will not end up on the cutting room floor.

Auntie Biache'

Plenty lol. I have 16 and got more eggs than I can handle.

I'm not getting nearly enough eggs. 2 of my birds are roosters, 4 haven't started laying yet, one is coming off broody, and the other two are coming off molt. I'm really looking forward to the babies starting to lay. Hopefully, I'll have 7 layers soon. My girls have been freeloaders all winter.

General Lee

Just had a hawk attack a bit ago. Had to put the chicken down. Fist hawk attack ever :mad:

Mine laid surprisingly well all winter. Averaged 4-5 eggs a day. Now I'm up to 10-12 a day. I feed a high protein feather fixer at 18% protein. Sometimes I'll give them a 20% protein feed.