So what did Santa bring you?

Anticipated result

Capture.jpg

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Thanx, had a lot of time to work out the details. The back of the island and a few of the walls will be covered in plank wood. I've got the contractor here now finishing the pocket door and window trim.

For a guy you picked out a nice kitchen.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Actually, no chimney at all. It's just a small two bedroom 1 and 3/4 bath that is just the right size for me and the Misses.

And a Merry Christmas Mr. Jrkr to you and your family. Hope you have a great one.

Very nice Ken.... it just goes to show you how different areas look at what is a full bath and what is not when you see "3/4 bath."

It sounds like a 2 bath house to me. :lol:

Woot woot... it will be so worth it when you are done.

My husband and I gave each other & our dogs a fence for Christmas :biggrin:

I also go a Filigree Bird with Beads Statue that is goofy cute and some candles.

Shutout

Christmas morning fishing with my middle son and a few friends, brunch at my mother's house everyone made it but my oldest son. As far as Christmas presents.....a book on the Knights Templar history, St Louis Cardinals long sleeve t-shirt, Kindle Fire and other stuff.

lovinmaryland

I was hoping to receive a phone call from my son who is in boot camp. Unfortunately I never got one. I did receive a few pictures of him w/ his division on Christmas day. So that's almost as good :smile:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I was hoping to receive a phone call from my son who is in boot camp. Unfortunately I never got one. I did receive a few pictures of him w/ his division on Christmas day. So that's almost as good :smile:

:huggy:

We have 2 boys home (friends of my son) who are on a short leave stint... one is off to Afghanistan for 9 months and the other to Chicago next week.

Monello got me a FitBit, which I didn't even know I wanted, but now I'm addicted to moving and climbing stairs so I can see my numbers go up. :lol:

(Do you think he's trying to tell me that I need to lose some weight?)

With the proliferation of fitness trackers I think you should start a thread for people to share and compare their results, and cajole and tease and brag and do whatever other stuff might help people stick to their activity levels and fitness goals even after the initial infatuation with activity tracking might wear off.

I've recently realized that this new generation of activity trackers can have profound effects on people's lives and, in particular, their general state of fitness. I mean, they don't change what we can do; the mechanism of effect is mostly psychological. But the effect can be momentous nonetheless. As with so many aspects of life the psychology of the situation is what matters or one of the things that matters most.

acommondisaster

I got the DVD of Texas Ranch House. I was a big fan of the Frontier House, so Vrai thought I would enjoy a show that is quite similar. I'm also curious of personal interactions in society in general. The premise of the show is to take people back in time to live as people did. In this case 1867 Texas. To say the show was amazing is an understatement. We finished watching all 8 hours of the show last night. I'll do a separate thread on my review of the show.

Best present ever.

If you enjoyed that, you might like The Edwardian Country House documentary. A bunch of volunteers lived as they did in Edwardian times in a manor house - the upper crust family and the staff that kept the house and family running. It's pretty extensive; you can find it on youtube - hour long episodes with a head butler you're going to love - he comes from a line of head butlers. They had a hard time keeping the scullery maid position filled (I think that's what it was called) because the work was so hard. I highly recommend the series - I was HOOKED!