So, whatcha doin' this weekend??

belvak

Happy Camper
If you're in the Chaptico area, the SOMD BMX is having the state qualifying races this Sunday (8/25) at Chaptico Park! They will have vendors there as well. There are racers from little guys and girls all the way up to grown up little guys and gals! It's looking like a wonderful day!!!!

somdbmx | State Qualifier

photo

I have been thinking about stopping by and taking a few pictures, maybe this will be the weekend?

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
Yes, that looks like the right place, Zara. Hope to see some forumites there! I'll have some wine in my cooler.

ZARA

Yes, that looks like the right place, Zara. Hope to see some forumites there! I'll have some wine in my cooler.

The boy and I are making Sunday our Mother/Son day and this looks like something he would enjoy. :buddies:

His GPA hit 3.8 and he aced his AP tests, so I want to do something fun for him! We had already set Sunday aside for us, so this seems too perfect to pass up.

belvak

Happy Camper
I have been thinking about stopping by and taking a few pictures, maybe this will be the weekend?

You'll be able to get some great pictures! Some of the racers fly through the track and there are plenty that get airborn!

photo

How does the day go? Do the more experienced rides start off or do the smaller folks go first? This will be my first BMX event. The people getting air will make the best pictures. How long does the average event last? I do have another event on Sunday, I don't want to miss out on the more experienced riders.

inkah

The boy and I are making Sunday our Mother/Son day and this looks like something he would enjoy. :buddies:

His GPA hit 3.8 and he aced his AP tests, so I want to do something fun for him! We had already set Sunday aside for us, so this seems too perfect to pass up.

Likely taking my boy too. How old is yours?

ZARA

Likely taking my boy too. How old is yours?

17, 18 in November
But he is great with kids of all ages.
Before we moved he was the neighborhood baby-sitter. He still baby sits for our friends.
He is a natural born dad. lol

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
How does the day go? Do the more experienced rides start off or do the smaller folks go first? This will be my first BMX event. The people getting air will make the best pictures. How long does the average event last? I do have another event on Sunday, I don't want to miss out on the more experienced riders.

:howdy: I'll shoot a mail message to my friend who does this and ask for you. I believe they run in "heats" usually starting with the little guys first and working their way up by age. The website says 11:00 am – 5:00 pm with registration from 11:00pm to 1:00pm. I figure that means the best racing will be between 1:00-5:00.

Last edited:

FED_UP

Right now looking at a lot of smoke near that graveyard by the small pond on Chancellors Run, looks to be in the apartment area back there.

inkah

Is this on the budds creek grounds? I thought I read something about chaptico park, but I cant find it now and am not sure of exact location...