So When do the Masks Come Off?

Jurgo

(1) Wearing masks is "unamerican"? I would like to think that consideration and respect for others would be very American.

(2) I come from a family with multiple generations who have served our country. The most recent being my son and daughter-in-law.

(3) No one calls me a traitor or even suggests it.

(1) well check out the view shared by me and your buds on this very forum.

(2) neato! I did one of them dna scam heritage tests and found out that my family consists exclusively of war heroes*

*Edit: war hero impersonators. Until that fascist “stolen valor” bs law.

(3) but I did. I did both in fact.

Last edited:

Goldenhawk

Wearing masks is "unamerican"? I would like to think that consideration and respect for others would be very American. Those are things my parents taught me when I was a kid. Things I taught my kids.
I'm with you on this. But apparently we're in the minority, at least on this forum. Most of the rest of the people are all like "I can do what I (&^^&%$ well please, and you can go (&^&^%$ if you don't like it. Ain't nobody telling me what to do."

awpitt

Main Streeter
I'm with you on this. But apparently we're in the minority, at least on this forum. Most of the rest of the people are all like "I can do what I (&^^&%$ well please, and you can go (&^&^%$ if you don't like it. Ain't nobody telling me what to do."

Yes. God forbid we might want to think of others. Maybe even think of something other than our own self.

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

The way I see it is even if the mask reduces my chance of getting it by 20% it's with it. Cops wear bullet proof vest but can still get shot in the head and neck, but it's worth wearing. Hydrochlorquine seems to be somewhat effective at preventing death but the same people that say the masks aren't very effective are gloating about that. The masks do as much good as it does.

TPD

the poor dad
And here is my answer - several more years of wearing masks!

For those who refuse to wear a mask in the interim, Toner said they’ll eventually wise up.

“They will get over it," he says. "It's just a question of how many people get sick and die before they get over it."

Not sure I will get over it.

Kinnakeet

I’m sick of this mask BS and am still not convinced they are helpful for preventing the Kung Flu. But more states are requiring them. I have yet to wear one and have been admonished numerous times for not masking up.

When we were locked down, we were told we had to flatten the curve to get our freedoms back. We did what was asked and are still on our knees before our gods begging for the chains to be completely released.

So what is the goal for having the mask requirement removed? Our numbers are way down. Are we supposed to get to zero? Or are masks now a permanent fixture in our lives until a vaccine is found and mandated? Or do they magically disappear after the election?

What is your best guess?
MAGICALLY disappear after the election unless TRUMP wins then we will have all this BS until the next election TRUMP 2020!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MAGICALLY disappear after the election unless TRUMP wins then we will have all this BS until the next election TRUMP 2020!

Kinnakeet

The way I see it is even if the mask reduces my chance of getting it by 20% it's with it. Cops wear bullet proof vest but can still get shot in the head and neck, but it's worth wearing. Hydrochlorquine seems to be somewhat effective at preventing death but the same people that say the masks aren't very effective are gloating about that. The masks do as much good as it does.
mask does nothing read the box they come in it will only help you from ingesting a 2x4

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

Not sure I will get over it.
Sounds to me like this guy is one of the hysterical "experts" that equates testing positive to certain death. “They will get over it," he says. "It's just a question of how many people get sick and die before they get over it." My LW has a very pragmatic view on the mask debate, which is far more tolerant than mine.

Jurgo

Sounds to me like this guy is one of the hysterical "experts" that equates testing positive to certain death. “They will get over it," he says. "It's just a question of how many people get sick and die before they get over it." My LW has a very pragmatic view on the mask debate, which is far more tolerant than mine.

Right, right, right!!! And all I was doing was supporting the FACT that the spread of this “huge problematic death causing disease” is NOT impacted by mask use!!! Wake up sheeple.

Show me one credible study or politically neutral scientist that demonstrates mask use being correlated with fewer infections, etc. you can’t do it!!!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
So does my husband. He is like, "what's the big deal?" But he typically only wears a mask once a week where I have to wear mine daily for work and errands.

Jurgo

You could move to New Zealand where there is no more COVID-19.

hmmm. New Zealand is lovely, I’ll concede. However, I imagine they have just as much Covid as we do, but that they understand how to not over-react to it.

show me any evidence that New Zealand has implemented fascistic “wear masks, don’t go to work” rules and I’ll eat my hat.

FettZilla

hmmm. New Zealand is lovely, I’ll concede. However, I imagine they have just as much Covid as we do, but that they understand how to not over-react to it.

show me any evidence that New Zealand has implemented fascistic “wear masks, don’t go to work” rules and I’ll eat my hat.
Yeah, I cannot wait to hear when it'll be clear for us Marylanders. Can't wait to get back to the movie theaters either. Thinking about getting a different mask though.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

hmmm. New Zealand is lovely, I’ll concede. However, I imagine they have just as much Covid as we do, but that they understand how to not over-react to it. show me any evidence that New Zealand has implemented fascistic “wear masks, don’t go to work” rules and I’ll eat my hat.
Boring commentary. Can't you step it up a bit? If you are going to be me, at least put some effort into it. Geez.