Sobriety Checkpoint

TPD

the poor dad
Here's the story.

But I have a question - are the police relying solely on technology now to make stops? In one of the pictures in the story is a monitor in the back of a police car showing the infractions and whether the car was stopped or not. There is a red cord running out of the car over to the SHA truck. Is there some kind of camera mounted to the SHA truck taking pictures of the vehicles to determine the type of infraction and then posting on the monitor with an alert to pull the car over for additional inspection? Hmmmm

awpitt

Main Streeter
Here's the story.

But I have a question - are the police relying solely on technology now to make stops? In one of the pictures in the story is a monitor in the back of a police car showing the infractions and whether the car was stopped or not. There is a red cord running out of the car over to the SHA truck. Is there some kind of camera mounted to the SHA truck taking pictures of the vehicles to determine the type of infraction and then posting on the monitor with an alert to pull the car over for additional inspection? Hmmmm

I saw that too. And, what's the difference between a sobriety checkpoint and a "stationary traffic safety operation" which this was yesterday?

3CATSAILOR

I saw that too. And, what's the difference between a sobriety checkpoint and a "stationary traffic safety operation" which this was yesterday?
Traffic safety cones are typically set up differently for a sobriety checkpoint since it requires the driver to maneuver around the cones without hitting any.

3CATSAILOR

Little Flower School Route 5 North bound.
They were setting up at 3.
Notice this was set up in a school zone. I wonder how many speeders were caught in this school zone? I know the speed cameras the County is going to eventually have are all about safety of the children.

DaSDGuy

Just talk to them. Tell them you were Traffic in Motion until they made you stop and become Stationary Traffic. Then politely say "Please just let me go, dickhead". They like you saying "Please". It shows respect.

Bare-ya-cuda

This was nothing more than a revenue operation they funnel you through and look for a violation to cite you for. Keeps them from actually having patrol to find violations.

Paul Wu

Havent you heard???!!!

Its a Police Gestapo State, with Jack booted thugs wanting to shoot 3 year olds and violate all human rights and call old people "poopheads"... And, they'll confiscate heart medications from senior citizens and smoke all the weed they can illegally seize to buy donuts with......

Right Gurpman????
Well,
I can't say I have had the same experience you have.
I follow the traffic laws, I am not a douche bag to other people and wouldn't you know it.....I don't have any issues with law enforcement. Wild, eh?
Maybe you should try it. You'd be surprised how much police officers leave you alone if you aren't being a jerk.

NOTSMC

Well,
I can't say I have had the same experience you have.
I follow the traffic laws, I am not a douche bag to other people and wouldn't you know it.....I don't have any issues with law enforcement. Wild, eh?
Maybe you should try it. You'd be surprised how much police officers leave you alone if you aren't being a jerk.
In Greg's defense; he's a retired cop and was being sarcastic to the dozens of negative things that GURPS has posted about the police. If anyone is acting like a jerk pretty much all the time, it's GURPS. You're right about the rest of it. The majority of cops that I've had either the pleasure or misfortune to deal with, have been polite and treated me with the same respect that I have shown them.

Merry Christmas to you!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Merry Christmas from cloudy western Massachusetts.
Mrs. and I drove up to see family for the Holiday.