Socks, knee hi's and the like....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What say you w/ dress shoes. I'm a strickly no socks w/ heels, not even trouser socks. Most of the time I wear nothing at all. In the dead of winter I may occasionally wear knee hi's. However they do have the ones now that look like fishnet so I think I'm going to try those. With spring upon us I have several pairs of open back shoes. Just the back, not the toe. What's the general opinion of trouser socks or knee hi's with these. I have a pair that I LOVE but they give me blisters; I'm thinking something on my feet may help aleviate that.

slseaweed

You should NEVER, EVER, wear hose or any kind of socks or trouser socks with open toed shoes. Hose or trouser socks can be worn with open backed shoes as long as they don't have open toes. There's my two cents.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
You should NEVER, EVER, wear hose or any kind of socks or trouser socks with open toed shoes. Hose or trouser socks can be worn with open backed shoes as long as they don't have open toes. There's my two cents.

I agree. I'm just not so sure about the open back shoes. I see women in the office that do but I'm not convinced. :lmao:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I agree. I'm just not so sure about the open back shoes. I see women in the office that do but I'm not convinced. :lmao:

Pixie, I have a pair of heels that give me horrible blisters. I got those clear adhesive bandaids and put them on the back of my heels where the blister forms. You can't see them unless you REALLY look and my god what relief!!!

W

Wenchy

Pixie,

You're probably too young to remember the Candie's ankle flats.

We suffered to be cool. :BLISTERS:

Trouser socks/pantyhose are not cool with open toe or back shoes.

Suck it up.

Love,

Wenchy

Sweet 16

^^8^^

:yeahthat:

I'm no fashion expert, but I vote for this answer. I have some open-heeled loafers and clogs and I wear socks or trouser socks with them until the weather gets warm enough to go sock-less. Otherwise, my feet and I get cold.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
<---fashion victim...

Shoe shopping checklist:

Flat.
Rugged tread.
Comfy.

Done.

I never wear panty hose...I buy knee highs to scrub pots with:lol:

L

luckystar

Seriously? If it's cold or the shoes give me blisters, I wear thin socks/hose/thigh highs/etc. I just make sure they match the outfit or my skin and that the seam is under my toes so it doesn't show.

L

luckystar

<---fashion victim...

Shoe shopping checklist:

Flat.
Rugged tread.
Comfy.

Done.

I never wear panty hose...I buy knee highs to scrub pots with:lol:

Liar. Knee highs would never hold up to a crusted pot. Old knit socks are probably the way to go if you're serious about washing dishes with footwear :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Pixie, I have a pair of heels that give me horrible blisters. I got those clear adhesive bandaids and put them on the back of my heels where the blister forms. You can't see them unless you REALLY look and my god what relief!!!

Oh! I never thought of that! While I'm at it I did get some cushion things for the ball of your foot. I don't need the cushion so much as I need something from keeping my foot from slipping down in open toed heels. Hopefully those help. Why the hell don't they make something like that specifically for that purpose. Something with a little traction cause the insole of most dress shoes is slippery!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Pixie,

You're probably too young to remember the Candie's ankle flats.

We suffered to be cool. :BLISTERS:

Trouser socks/pantyhose are not cool with open toe or back shoes.

Suck it up.

Love,

Wenchy

That's what I'm doing today. Darling closed toe, open back w/ thin strap heels. I'm getting a blister. :eek:wie:

JULZ

BFJ
You're joking. Or did you just mix that up? Open toed shoes with hose or socks is one of the seven deadly sins in the girl bible.

Seriously, as long as the hose are reinforced. I know it is true because Stacy London said so.

Personally this is how I do it--I typically wait for warmer weather before I wear open toed shoes and in warmer weather I don't wear tights, trouser socks or hose. In the colder weather I always wear tights, hose or trouser socks and never open toed shoes and also wait for warmer weather before wearing open back shoes. That's just me though.