Softball

S

sammy42965

I just moved to the Solomon's Island area and would like to find out about joining a softball league. Can someone point me in the right direction (ie: phone#, email address, link....). I'm looking for a slow pitch team and I know these leagues get filled really fast so I figured I'd start now. thanks...

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
There are plenty of teams out there, it just depends on what competitive level you're on. There are competitive leagues in Calvert County that play during the week, double-headers, I think, between Monday and Thursday. They do have different brackets of competition depending on what bracket you get into.

There are also two leagues of a highly competitive nature in St. Mary's, one that plays on Tuesday/Thursday and the other on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. There are also numerous leagues in St. Mary's such as co-ed, fire/rescue and church leagues. I know St. Mary's has a tournament that is usually the second or third week in March that is before actual league play begins, so you could check with teams there. If you wanted to do something sooner, I think you'd have to check with some of the sponsor businesses and find out. Brass Rail Sports Bar in Great Mills is a good place to ask around. There's always someone in there who plays. And if you work on Pax, just ask, softball players are everywhere.

S

sammy42965

thanks Tipsy, my level would probably be that of a coed or c/d league. If you had a name of someone I could call that would even be better, but if not I can check with the Brass Rail folks see what they can give me.

SmallTown

Football season!
Yea, just asking around is your best bet. it is amazing how big the sport is down here, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone who plays.. People talk a lot about Pennies(sp?!) bar also.. What is there, softball or volleyball?

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Yeah, Pennies is home to both softball and volleyball and all other indoor bar sports. Pennies & Brass Rail are the only two "bar" fields with lights, so they have many more teams and activities. They also have a summer/fall co-ed beach volleyball league at Pennies. If you're interested in the co-ed or church leagues, you might want to also check at the Chancellor's Run Regional Park where a lot of games are played. They may have a bulletin board or something there. Also, keep an eye on the local papers in the sports section, sometimes they have a little section of upcoming meetings, league formings, et cetera.

S

sammy42965

tipsy & smalltown thanks for all your help. I will definitely start getting the local papers and will check into Pennies & Brass Rail.

Now what can you do to find me a nice attractive down to earth women. I'm single and its tough me other singles (haha)

thanks again for your help I really appreciate it, seems like the people down this way are really friendly.