Soldiers in NO find ghosts and bibles open to Revelations...

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
janey83 said:
I was going over some notes today with a girl in my class, and we were talking about Hurricane Rita and she brought up revelations....kind of freaked me out, but I don't know....don't know what to believe, but just hope that nothing else happens this year.

If you aren't a believer, why would you even bother worrying about it?
If you are a believer, you know what will happen and shouldn't be concerned for yourself anyway.

If you're "on the fence" "lukewarm" "not sure" consider this:

When it comes to the end of days I always comfort myself with the thought that it doesn't really matter if this is the end of days. From a Christian perspective you're either saved and ready for the second coming or you're not. If you're thinking about it, on the fence, not sure if you wanna commit, etc, don't wait too long. You could be killed today and so for you Armageddon is NOW.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
tikipirate said:
I'm still wondering why the US Army Chaplain was providing some sort of exorcism in the video. Then he claimed that "Wherever the US Army goes, so goes the will of God."

What part of this is offensive? He didn't say "...so goes the will of Christ." Nor did he say "...so goes the will of Jehovah."

You must somehow believe Muslims are like that crank in California who doesn't believe in God. The Islamic faith does believe in God and frequently invoke God's Will in many of their statements, so how do you find the cleric's comments inflammatory?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
tlatchaw said:
If you aren't a believer, why would you even bother worrying about it?
If you are a believer, you know what will happen and shouldn't be concerned for yourself anyway.

If you're "on the fence" "lukewarm" "not sure" consider this:

When it comes to the end of days I always comfort myself with the thought that it doesn't really matter if this is the end of days. From a Christian perspective you're either saved and ready for the second coming or you're not. If you're thinking about it, on the fence, not sure if you wanna commit, etc, don't wait too long. You could be killed today and so for you Armageddon is NOW.
:yeahthat:

Not only that, but no one is promised even the next moment of life. It can end in an instant.

Luke 12:19-20

<sup id="en-NASB-25479">19</sup>'And I will say to my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry."'

<sup id="en-NASB-25480">20</sup>"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?'
We are always getting closer to the last days, but I assure you, there are more prophesies that must be fulfilled before Christ's second coming. On the other hand, today could be your's or my last day. Today is the day of choice. Today is the day of salvation.

Other interesting reading regarding the last days is the book of Daniel in the Old Testament and Matthew 24 and 2 Peter 3 in the New Testament. There are others too, but these will give those that want more a good start.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I imagine all of this is like the reports of Bibles and such after 9/11. Tradgety tends to turn people to religion.