Solomons bridge closed due to an accident

OccamsRazor

Where did you see that? Sure I'll be exempted for mission criticality. Many years back we were mandatory 10hr days 7 days a week.
I love how people become "Mission Critical" employees when the chips are down (COVID) yet, when their checks arrive at the bank, they are paid just like everyone else. :rolleyes:

DaSDGuy

I love how people become "Mission Critical" employees when the chips are down (COVID) yet, when their checks arrive at the bank, they are paid just like everyone else. :rolleyes:
I love how people equate "Mission Critical" to a higher pay expectation.

DaSDGuy

So people who are NOT needed during critical times should be paid on the same level as those who are?
You must be Management....
Mission Critical means the employee are needed onsite. All others can telework. Some jobs can't be done at home, unless you are suggesting the techs take the F-18's home with them to work on. Software development/maintenance, acquisitions, logistics can all be done at remote locations as long as connectivity is maintained. Understand now, or are you simple minded

PeoplesElbow

I love how people equate "Mission Critical" to a higher pay expectation.
In my case it's you are mission critical we need you here, but whenever someone else wants my work space I have to spend days moving to a new space and use my overhead to do it.

OccamsRazor

Mission Critical means the employee are needed onsite. All others can telework. Some jobs can't be done at home, unless you are suggesting the techs take the F-18's home with them to work on. Software development/maintenance, acquisitions, logistics can all be done at remote locations as long as connectivity is maintained. Understand now, or are you simple minded
Mission Critical means that the employee is needed wherever and whenever or the mission cannot be accomplished. Especially during COVID. Mission Critical employees were identified as those who needed to be onsite during the pandemic to get the mission accomplished. Were they not risking more than those who could telework?
I bet you are against hazardous duty pay for our military also....
Union rep?

gemma_rae

Mission Critical means that the employee is needed wherever and whenever or the mission cannot be accomplished. Especially during COVID. Mission Critical employees were identified as those who needed to be onsite during the pandemic to get the mission accomplished. Were they not risking more than those who could telework?
Union rep?
I was deemed "Essential" by my company. I was paid an extra $300 a week and had to carry my 'papers' when in the field during CoVid. :yay:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was deemed "Essential" by my company. I was paid an extra $300 a week and had to carry my 'papers' when in the field during CoVid. :yay:
Lowe's deemed us hourlies "Essential," but all we got was the Letter.

But, after HD gave their employees extra money, Lowe's was shamed into doing the same.

OccamsRazor

Lowe's deemed us hourlies "Essential," but all we got was the Letter.

But, after HD gave their employees extra money, Lowe's was shamed into doing the same.
None of the "Mission Critical" or "Essential" Government employees that I know were given any kind of extra income or incentive for having to be on-site every day during the lockdowns.
Apparently, every time it was brought up to their management, it was just ignored.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
None of the "Mission Critical" or "Essential" Government employees that I know were given any kind of extra income or incentive for having to be on-site every day during the lockdowns.
Apparently, every time it was brought up to their management, it was just ignored.
neither did the contractors. I've been "essential" and working alongside other Essential personnel, both types, all along. They never even gave us a pizza party or anything. About the only "perk" I got was the promise of a Letter saying I was essential, should my daycare require one in order to keep my infant's spot at the time (like if she ran out of spots, that provider would've had to kick a non-essential kid out to make room for mine - thankfully that wasn't an issue).

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Union rep?
You’re being tedious and pedantic again. We all know what mission critical is to our work sites and for the most part that isn’t union work.

PeoplesElbow

After the Biden administration required the shot because the workforce was in grave danger without it I submitted a claim for having been placed in grave danger for over a year. I did make it up the chain a ways though.

OccamsRazor

After the Biden administration required the shot because the workforce was in grave danger without it I submitted a claim for having been placed in grave danger for over a year. I did make it up the chain a ways though.
What exactly was the end result of your request? Was it "lost" or did they actually give you a legitimate reply and answer to your request?