solomons bridge

limblips

PREMO Member
Was that the guy that was running from the police?

I asked some locals about that and they said, the only time anyone survived was a guy trying to get away from the cops and he can hardly walk now.

No, the guy that survived the TJ bridge was Timothy Hoofnagle (do a google). He was eluding the police and jumped, swam to the St Mary's side and was gnawed on by canine. I know him, he is not a nice member of society (do a search on Maryland Judicial Proceedings). It is a shame his dive didn't result in his eviction from the gene pool (send the red Karma). Last I heard was he was found in Lusby lying next to aroad all beat up. Heard he was in a hospital somewhere in bad shape. This was a month or so ago.

Danzig

Was that the guy that was running from the police?

I asked some locals about that and they said, the only time anyone survived was a guy trying to get away from the cops and he can hardly walk now.

Not sure if he was running, he was a white guy from Waldorf. I guess he would be around 40 to 45 now. I went to high school with him, LaPlata.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
No, the guy that survived the TJ bridge was Timothy Hoofnagle (do a google). He was eluding the police and jumped, swam to the St Mary's side and was gnawed on by canine. I know him, he is not a nice member of society (do a search on Maryland Judicial Proceedings). It is a shame his dive didn't result in his eviction from the gene pool (send the red Karma). Last I heard was he was found in Lusby lying next to aroad all beat up. Heard he was in a hospital somewhere in bad shape. This was a month or so ago.

Didn't he go to Calvert High school? I have heard that name before.

I did 1 flip and a 1/2 twist before I landed a righteous jacknife/cannon ball thingy but that was the bridge between Hughesville and Prince Frederick:yahoo:

:howdy: Bridge at Skinners Falls, upstate NY, near Calcoon. Favorite for jumping. Anyone else ever been up there?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Suicide by bridge is gruesome, and death is almost certain. People have survived the fall, but not many. You might survive if you hit the water feet first and come in at a slight angle.

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in water and asphyxiate.

You can usually tell which bridge jumpers drowned: Frothy mucus bubbles from the nose. :howdy:

Well, that settles that! No bridge jumping for me :lol:

goofy-grape

Suicide by bridge is gruesome, and death is almost certain. People have survived the fall, but not many. You might survive if you hit the water feet first and come in at a slight angle.

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in water and asphyxiate.

You can usually tell which bridge jumpers drowned: Frothy mucus bubbles from the nose. :howdy:
You jump because you want to die. If you don't die, the resulting pain will make you wish you never would have jumped in the first place, so why bother. Unless, of course, you want to die. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Aw, you guys are no fun.... You mean you don't want to jump and at the very least, get an instant enema from landing with your feet slightly separated??

I have a hard time just going across it with someone else driving!

B

Bronwyn

I know his parents, I feel for them.

bcp

In My Opinion

from the San FranCisco Chronicle

articles need to be referenced when they are used from alternate sources.

ImnoMensa

The favorite spot in DC used to be the Calvert Memorial Bridge, They changed the name to the Duke Ellington Bridge. It is on Calvert st. and it goes over Rock Creek Park.

There is a road that runs beneath it and the best of them used to hit the center line. Once in a while on would get stuck in a tree and the Fire department had to go pick pieces from the tree.

They pretty much stopped it by putting a chain link fence along the sidewalk on the Bridge so it is difficult to climb over the fence .

mrjafa

:howdy: Bridge at Skinners Falls, upstate NY, near Calcoon. Favorite for jumping. Anyone else ever been up there?

it's callicoon ny,the falls is between callicoon and narrowsburg on rt 97. born and raised in sullivan county