Somd Celebrity sightings? Socks the cat?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by yardsalequeen
Just thought of another - the punk bank Good Charlotte is originally from Waldorf/LaPlata. But of course I would not recognize them if I fell over them. They are not household word to most I guess but while at a mall in upstate NY, I saw a teen with a "Good Charlotte" t-shirt on so they do have quite a following.

Wow! My babies, R&J are gonna flip at this news. I'm not sure I would call Good Charlotte Punk.... but man I love local success stories!

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Re: Re: I Saw

Originally posted by kwillia
:shocked: I was in Target today... now I know why I got that sudden tingly feeling.... :cheesy:
Leaning against a faulty light switch?

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by Kain99
Wow! My babies, R&J are gonna flip at this news. I'm not sure I would call Good Charlotte Punk.... but man I love local success stories!

Well......I have major memoribilia on them. :smile: And yes, they are more like an alternative punk. we are going to see them on May 4th at the patriot center :biggrin:

That would be awesome if we could get BS passes

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
And Tom Clancey lives off Plum Pt Rd in Calvert County and G. Gordon Liddy lives towards Indian Head.

SeaRide

Originally posted by migtig
And Tom Clancey lives off Plum Pt Rd in Calvert County and ...

:yeahthat:

I think Tom Clancey lives off of Wilson Rd somewhere but I can see his "mansion" from the water on my boat. I wonder if Tom C. has sold his house already? :bubble:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by SeaRide
:yeahthat:

I think Tom Clancey lives off of Wilson Rd somewhere but I can see his "mansion" from the water on my boat. I wonder if Tom C. has sold his house already? :bubble:

Yep, just put in a new entrance off of Wilson road in the last couple years, house still not visable from the road tho.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by otter
Yep, just put in a new entrance off of Wilson road in the last couple years, house still not visable from the road tho.

I guess affter our youngest son drove though all his bushes while learning how to drive he decided to move his driveway. We were looking at a house my sister was thinking about buying. We were at a dead end and my son was trying to back up and went too far and we went down the hill a little and it was wet and muddy...and...... Well, my son wrote him a new and owned up to it, offered to pay but we never heard from him!!

RodRugg

One time me an my grandma went to Waldorf to get some hooks to hang some pictures in the garage and we stopped at a WaWa and I totally saw that guy that played Grady on Sanford & Son. I told my grandma and she followed him all the way to Pomonkey and he jumped out of his car and disappeared into the woods. My grandma got out and took a brochure out of his car about hypothermia and sold it on eBay.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tom Clancy used to be my insurance agent. Tom would get to talking about this novel he was writing, and I got one of the first copies off the press. The novel was 'Hunt For Red October.'

Last edited:

demsformd

Former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee has an absolutely beautiful house down near St. Mary's City. Bob Hope used to be a frequent vactioneer here in St. Mary's in the Breton Bay area (from what I understand he played quite a bit of golf here at the country club). I had the displeasure of knowing Mr. Clancy during his time as a novelist. I could have gone without meeting him if you ask me. But he still writes hell of a book.

K

Kain99

Really? My sister met Tom Clancy 4 years ago when she was in Labor with my neice. (Long Story) Anyway, he has sent Lindsey a birthday present every year since. Maybe you met him on a bad day.

demsformd

Well at the time I was pretty active with the management of the insurance agency that I own in Annapolis (my son has been running it for me since I became a partner here at the firm) and had to deal with Clancy on several occassions concerning claims and I needed his cooperation for my client to get his due. That man cared way too much about his share of the money and not the status of clients. That is why I am so glad that insurance is not my main source of income (I pity my son that that it is his). There are two types of insurance agents, the ones that care about the people that they insure, and those that are merely the puppets of the big business bureacracies that the insurance companies have become. It's just a pain in the arse to deal with those puppets, which Clancy was.

K

Kain99

Sorry Dems... It always stinks when you meet someone who is selfish in business.

fuzzyng

Originally posted by demsformd
Bob Hope used to be a frequent vactioneer here in St. Mary's in the Breton Bay area (from what I understand he played quite a bit of golf here at the country club).

According to summer, her mother and their other "socialite" friends. He would come here and spend time with Ms. McCormick, the lady that does the spices. Her mansion is in Breton Bay. Have driven by it with summer a few times. HUGE HOUSE. all gated. I swear one day I am gonna go push the buzzer and say I have a pizza delivery.. after they agree to let me in... I dunno then.. but hopfully I will bring a pizza

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by demsformd
I had the displeasure of knowing Mr. Clancy during his time as a novelist. I could have gone without meeting him if you ask me.

:yeahthat: Clancy was a customer in the copy shop in Mont. Co. where I worked. He got copies of manuscripts. One day while he was waiting, I tried to make conversation. I told him that I had a close friend from Calvert Co. who knew his daughters when they were growing up. He acted like he'd never heard of the place.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I've heard that alot about Clancy from the locals in PF..Very arrogant and hard to deal with long before his star rose. I've never met the guy, so ya take the comments with a grain of salt.

BTW, I swear I saw Rodd going thru the dumpster at Stoney's over the weekend..

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by otter
I've heard that alot about Clancy from the locals in PF..Very arrogant and hard to deal with long before his star rose. I've never met the guy, so ya take the comments with a grain of salt.
:yeahthat: It's true. When I was dealing with him, he was arrogant and self-centered, and didn't seem to have a high opinion of women in general.

Last edited:
J

justhangn

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Ya'll have forgotten to mention me, geesh...:rolleyes: Most of you have already met me too...:cool:

It said Celebrity, not supAstar. :wink: