SOMD Soldier in Iraq

C

cyphertext69

Hello everyone, I am a National Guard Soldier stationed in Iraq. I am originally from Leonardtown but I have moved around quite a bit for the military. When I finally got out of the military to move home, I joined the National Guard thinking I wouldn't be called up for anything. Well less than a year after getting off active duty, I was called up to come to Iraq. Now I am serving in the 1297th CSB (Havre De Grace, MD) in Iraq. Just wanted to stop in a say hey to everyone. This place has been my source for news at home for all my deployments and while I am away.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
First and foremost, thanks for serving. Your effort is appreciated.

This place does keep one connected to the going-ons around here, doesn't it.

Mikeinsmd

Ken King said:
First and foremost, thanks for serving. Your effort is appreciated. This place does keep one connected to the going-ons around here, doesn't it.
Yes, Thank you for your service to our country!!! Hope your stay over there is a short & safe one! :patriot:

Glad you get to connect to a little bit of home... it is raining it's azz off in Leonardtown at the moment. DoWhat must be out jogging again.

:patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:howdy:

How long have you been over there? My son and daughter-in-law just got back. Both are 1st CD out of Ft. Hood.

Come back safe, dude, and drop in here when you can!

C

cyphertext69

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I have been here for about 6 months now and I won't be home till Oct or Nov. I will be in town soon for a little break. I can't wait! This place is literally, hell! :patriot:

Gawd, cypher... you sure know how to ruin my grouchy mood... I feel guilty feeling like a grouch right now. I guess you are living proof things could be worse...hang in there...:huggy:

C

cyphertext69

kwillia said:
Gawd, cypher... you sure know how to ruin my grouchy mood... I feel guilty feeling like a grouch right now. I guess you are living proof things could be worse...hang in there...:huggy:

Oh believe me I think it could get a lot worse for me. Thankfully I have a wonderful team at home helping me deal with personal issues. Without them, I don't think this could have been possible.

morganj614

I hope reading some of these threads makes you laugh your azz off and makes the time in Iraq go by fast for you. :howdy:

morganj614 said:
I hope reading some of these threads makes you laugh your azz off and makes the time in Iraq go by fast for you. :howdy:
:yeahthat: And you could read the "Long time no hear" thread outloud and provide karaoke entertainment to your troops... :cartwheel

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
It is because of your strength and courage to serve our country that I can live my everyday life. Thank you for making me realize tonight what I have to be thankfull for. Most importantly I thank you for fighting for it. :patriot:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
:yeahthat: And you could read the "Long time no hear" thread outloud and provide karaoke entertainment to your troops... :cartwheel
:yeahthat: They would love.

Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit.
We're in Iraq, now ain't that some sh!t.

C

cyphertext69

Ken King said:
:yeahthat: They would love.

Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco, spit.
We're in Iraq, now ain't that some sh!t.

That whole thread is a riot already. My friend sent me the song SMIB or something like that. Since I am the only one from SOMD (everyone is Baltimore) I was rolling! I loved it. The person who sings that most definitely needs a record deal!

cyphertext69 said:
That whole thread is a riot already. My friend sent me the song SMIB or something like that. Since I am the only one from SOMD (everyone is Baltimore) I was rolling! I loved it. The person who sings that most definitely needs a record deal!
Wow... who knew that every song we posted would be a tinsy bit of U.S. culture entertainment for our men and women in Iraq... I'm gonna go post the song that makes me cry every time I hear it...

And no it's not "Yesterday When I Was Young"....:tantrum

Last edited:
H

HollowSoul

cyphertext69 said:
Oh believe me I think it could get a lot worse for me. Thankfully I have a wonderful team at home helping me deal with personal issues. Without them, I don't think this could have been possible.
keep up the fight dude,
i will be relieving ya soo enough