Some Visible Signs of Lyme Disease Are Missed

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
"Apr. 22, 2013 — When a person contracts Lyme disease, quick diagnosis and treatment are essential to avoiding long term complications. But the diagnostic process may be delayed if a physician does not recognize a skin rash caused by Lyme disease because it does not have the bull's-eye appearance that is best known to physicians and the public. In a Research Letter just published in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, a prominent research team led by Steven E, Schutzer, MD, Professor of Medicine at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School, confirms findings of Lyme disease in patients with skin lesions that more closely resemble the classic signs of conditions such as contact dermatitis, lupus, common skin infections, or insect or spider bites. Based on these findings they urge doctors to consider Lyme disease as the cause when presented with such lesions, particularly when the patient was in an area where Lyme disease is endemic."

Some visible signs of Lyme disease are easily missed or mistaken

hotcoffee

If you live where you see deer, bunnies, squirrels, any of those.... you should be careful to take a shower after to make sure.

If you see a tick... go online and read the directions for removing one... then save it in a plastic bag...write the date, time, and name on it.... you never know....

I never saw my tick or ticks. Daddy was stationed in Connecticut at Groton and New London when I was a kid. I might have even picked up a tick back then. And I've got the cast from Bambi in my back yard now too.

This Lyme Disease is absolutely no fun at all.

I will tell you this.... Doxycycline inhibits or slows the growth of some cancer cells. Lyme did a lot of damage to me but it definitely did get me ready to battle cancer. I already had a central line with Lyme. I sure didn't want another one with chemo..... But I understood what it is.

This Lyme Disease is absolutely no fun at all.

:coffee:

terbear1225

On the other hand, it is possible to jump too quickly to a lyme diagnosis.

Son was diagnosed with lyme just a day before his 4th birthday, hubby decided to get a second opinion. Turns out it wasnt lyme, it was MRSA. God knows what could have happened if he hadnt gotten a second opinion quickly.

hotcoffee

Son was diagnosed with lyme just a day before his 4th birthday, hubby decided to get a second opinion. Turns out it wasnt lyme, it was MRSA. God knows what could have happened if he hadnt gotten a second opinion quickly.

He had a rash right? I never saw a rash when I had Lyme.... I've seen some rashes with Lyme that favored MRSA.... Had MRSA too myself... darn I'm a sickly thing.... :killingme I really should change my user name to bits&pieces...:killingme

Roman

A friend of ours just got out of a Hospital today, in PA. She was being treated for a Spider Bite, but was found later to be MRSA.

terbear1225

He had a rash right? I never saw a rash when I had Lyme.... I've seen some rashes with Lyme that favored MRSA.... Had MRSA too myself... darn I'm a sickly thing.... :killingme I really should change my user name to bits&pieces...:killingme

Little man had what we thought was an infected spider bite. Dr. Said it looked like a lyme bullseye to her. Not really what I would call a rash, but then he was head to toe with rash from gianotti crosti so it takes a lot for us to call it a rash

(He's had his share of health issues too, family nickname for him is typhoid connor)

hotcoffee

Just wanted to post some pictures of tick borne rashes so people would know what to look for....

Notice though.... it says 70-80% of the people get the rash.... that means 20-30% of those who are struck by Lyme never see a sign.