Something for the Kids!

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Mini-me had a great time. He was in a Piper Cub Tri Pacer. They gave him a brief about the mechanical workings of the plane and then they taxi'd out for take off. All total the flight was about 15 minutes but the experience he got from the breif was priceless. He was able to take the controls (except for the rudder) and fly it on his own. I knew he had a great time when he climbed out of the airplane with the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face. Thanks for letting us know about this. I will be watching for more. :yay:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Dutch6 said:
Mini-me had a great time. He was in a Piper Cub Tri Pacer. They gave him a brief about the mechanical workings of the plane and then they taxi'd out for take off. All total the flight was about 15 minutes but the experience he got from the breif was priceless. He was able to take the controls (except for the rudder) and fly it on his own. I knew he had a great time when he climbed out of the airplane with the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face. Thanks for letting us know about this. I will be watching for more. :yay:
What a great thing.

diehardstroker

Jeff said:
Understand. Love flying. I need to get mine over there but only have them every other weekend. I did not relaize these nice folks did this very often. I just thought it was a once a year kinda thing. Do they have a dedicated website were we can watch for it and send other people to?

I'd also like to know whether or not the at least accept donations or not.

I'm planning on joining the EAA soon so I can participate in the Young Eagles as a pilot. PM myself or ladyhawk and we'll work on getting yours up when you have them for the weekend. I'll talk to the pilots currently working the program to see about doing announcements on this forum (or maybe create a new forum for all programs like this?) Let me know, I'll be more than happy to take them up after I'm certified in the program. :yay:

DHS

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
diehardstroker said:
I'm planning on joining the EAA soon so I can participate in the Young Eagles as a pilot. PM myself or ladyhawk and we'll work on getting yours up when you have them for the weekend. I'll talk to the pilots currently working the program to see about doing announcements on this forum (or maybe create a new forum for all programs like this?) Let me know, I'll be more than happy to take them up after I'm certified in the program. :yay:

DHS

Heck they are just over in the Ranch Club with the X so I can more than likely just go get them as long as I know in advance. I'll be watching for it now. Thanks for what your trying to do. What a great deal for kids. Heck I have never even been on the smaller palnes. I was 13 beofre setting foot on my first and it was a 727. Dad actually booked the flight just to get me on an airplane. We flew to Bristol I think then waited and then flew back. Made for one heck of a day.

Geek

This experience was amazing!!! The gentlemen were so wonderful and caring. They went slow with my boy and he is still glowing!! He had to call all the grandparents. LadyHawk, Please tell your husband we appreciated the time he and his friends put into this! They gave the kids certificates, bracelets and an awesome poster.

Really, post this here next time! Anyone with kids the right age should go for sure :yay: :yay:

ladyhawk

Geek said:
This experience was amazing!!! The gentlemen were so wonderful and caring. They went slow with my boy and he is still glowing!! He had to call all the grandparents. LadyHawk, Please tell your husband we appreciated the time he and his friends put into this! They gave the kids certificates, bracelets and an awesome poster.

Really, post this here next time! Anyone with kids the right age should go for sure :yay: :yay:

I have sent your message and I am so glad someone had a really GREAT DAY!
LOL

I will be sure to put it up next time!

ladyhawk

Wow, I didn't realize there were more posts. I think I need to get the guys in here to make sure they see the thumbs up and thank you's! I'm just really glad that the kids were beaming! LOL

keepsmiling

ladyhawk said:
I have a feeling that I may have already taken on the task of putting the information out to you guys as I did this morning. Only more in advance than this! :lmao:

Or My husband may see your request and talk to them about possibly doing something like that! Although for me right now, with my Board duties, work and keeping up with the CRE website and my family... I think I would prefer the posts for now... :wench:

:tantrum We missed that!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I've been on my errands all morning. I would have loved to have done this with my 11 year old.

Just an idea, would it be possible (ie hard work) if a mailing list was developed for those interested and the next time this is planned shoot off an email? It really sounds like a great opportunity for the young kids.

diehardstroker said:
The young eagles program is operated by the EAA (experimental aircraft assn.) and has had over 1.3 million kids fly. It's a great opportunity for them to learn about aircraft and aviation. The EAA runs these about once a month so if you cannot get down there today, keep checking, I'm sure we can start posting the flight dates earlier to give you a chance to plan ahead.
The terminal is air conditioned! Boys and girls both enjoy the thrill of flight! Open to all 8 - 17!
The guys there told me they do this usually every 2 month, and my 7 year old went up. I'm so glad I popped on here this morning and saw this, my 2 boys thought it was awesome! :yay: