Something occurred to me today

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
jazz lady said:
I was hoping you would forget about it altogether. :ohwell:

I tried, but we had done so well forgetting about that Vrai lady and making our own topic. I thought I should give it another go.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
I tried, but we had done so well forgetting about that Vrai lady and making our own topic. I thought I should give it another go.

So how's the lawnmower? Did Pete let you push it? :snacks:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
jazz lady said:
So how's the lawnmower? Did Pete let you push it? :snacks:

He didn't even take five minutes at my house. He was too busy rushing off to write P's in your yard.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FromTexas said:
He didn't even take five minutes at my house. He was too busy rushing off to write P's in your yard.
Damn, he was at my house most of the afternoon. :dance: And it was only one great big "P," TYVM. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nickel said:
Vrai's been having an awful lot of epiphanies lately. Pretty soon she'll be able to publish her own 365 day tear away calendar. Like the Far Side or something.
Shhh! It's one of my Presidential campaign promotional items. Don't tell JPC or he'll steal my idea.

SamSpade

vraiblonde said:
I was reading some story about a celebrity chickie who "can't seem to lose that last 10 pounds", despite eating only boiled chicken and bean sprouts and spending an hour a day at the gym.

I was like, WTH?? I'm losing weight just fine with a reasonable food allowance and zero additional exercise. What seems to be the problem?

Without going into a protracted discussion about weight loss - I should be so lucky. Before I gained weight an ballooned up to close to 400 pounds, in the early 90's I played beach volleyball and indoor volleyball 6 days a week, bicycled about 10 miles a day, worked out religious 2-3 times a week for a couple hours and swam a mile twice a week - and I couldn't lose a pound. I drank water, eschewed alcohol and sugar, and ate modest meals.

I couldn't lose a pound to save my life. For three years, I beat my poor body practically to death, and it availed me nothing. Then I injured my back so bad I could barely move - and everything went downhill from there.

My best guess is - sometimes it's just genes, sometimes it's just how the body has been abused over time that it just doesn't handle food all that well anymore.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
morganj614 said:
:high5: Maybe Jazz has a leather hammock.
:smack: I have a hammock, but it is definitely NOT leather. And don't even start on the leather seats in my car. :nono: